No announcement yet.

Europe's population

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need to work until they die or are disabled, no more retirement.

Comment

Byte me.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Those trends should mean a rather significant economic and political shift from Germany to France and the UK over the next half-century. Could be interesting ...

(Scandinavia? Even with 20% growth, there'll only be ~11 million Swedes in 2050, so we're still small fish. The other Scandinavians are even smaller.)
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Let the babies roll
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by EyesOfNight
            They also riot,
            Unlike all those peaceful Christians and Hindus, for instance ?

enter countries illegally,
            I wasn't aware that illegal immigration was a Muslim-only thing.

I had thought that Christianity was the dominant religion in Central and South America, for instance. Somehow Wahid the Wetback from Oaxaca doesn't ring true...

join mosques,

Makes sense- if you're a Muslim.

They also join building societies, banks, parent-teacher councils, town councils, political parties, neighbourhood watch schemes... the police force, the army....

are generally out of step with western ideology,
            Which ideology would that be ? The one Timothy McVeigh believed in ?

and have a bunch of wonderful customs like honor killing your daughter
            So all Muslims are to blame for the actions of a few.

Doesn't hold out much hope for Western Christians, does it, if we apply the same broad brush approach ?

I'd rather not be held responsible for the customs and practices of 'Christian' people I disagree with, thanks.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Don't feed the troll, Molley.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                Don't feed the troll, Molley.
                I blame the espresso.

It was too big a
                Attached Files
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                  Those trends should mean a rather significant economic and political shift from Germany to France and the UK over the next half-century. Could be interesting ...
                  Creates a whole new sexual dimension in the limey-frog rivalry.

(Scandinavia? Even with 20% growth, there'll only be ~11 million Swedes in 2050, so we're still small fish. The other Scandinavians are even smaller.)
                  Still, the demographic balance is shifting towards the north-west, which is ironic considering.

Something else to consider (although I hate to get back to the muslim-theme), is that Turkeys fertility rate has been falling to just above the replacement rate. Their rate of 2.19 isn't that much of a difference from France's 1.94 or the US' 2.07 ('05 data). This could ease anxieties re a possible entry of Turkey in the EU. I see the mediterranean muslim countries ending up in a similar situation as the christian ones. Algeria's fertility rate is already a 'mere' 1.86 ('07 data).
                  Last edited by Colonâ„¢; June 16, 2007, 12:18.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

The S family fertility rate is off the charts. Breeding like champs. Germany is a partial beneficiary of this.

As to a 61.6 year retirement date, that's rather generous compared to the US (~66 for those retiring right now). Upping it some in both instances won't hurt anybody.
                    Last edited by DanS; June 16, 2007, 13:26.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

What happened to big italian families?
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
                        What happened to big italian families?
                        Mamma got a job.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                          The S family fertility rate is off the charts. Breeding like champs. Germany is a partial beneficiary of this.
                          Restate please.

As to a 61.6 year retirement date, that's rather generous compared to the US (~66 for those retiring right now). Upping it some in both instances won't hurt anybody.
                          I misquoted. The effective retirement age was 60.6 year in '05, compared to 56.8 in '01.

Still, considering were we came from and how drastic the improvement has been in a few years there's good reason for optimism. This improvement does not even reflect reforms to limit early retirements, which will be effective from '08 onwards.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

So what the article says is that the popukation of Europe will not be filled in by muslims, but instead by the British and the French? Ahhhhh, the French get theri pan-European empire at last. Think of Le Gloire.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

The "Oh teh evil moooslims will overrun Europe" hysteria was mainly fearmongering anyway....
                              Blah

Comment

If it weren't for Chavs, what would the UK's fertility rate be.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X