No announcement yet.

Civfanatics more active than Apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EoN i am in a different Zone of anger right now. I suck up to NO MAN and if somebody dosent see my point of view then they can get on their damn knees and relieve me.

Apolyton is my online home i dont care if i repeat this over and over for the next 5 years. We are letting this website die and it is because of smart-ass remarks like you have made, and like EVERYONE makes around here that nobody gives a rats-ass about 'Poly anymore outside of our little circle.

I dont care anymore what people think of me. i dont care if ALL of you hate me and see me as weak. Somebody has to wake yall up and realize that THIS WEBSITE IS DYING!

THERE I SAID IT DAMMIT! what the hell are we gonna do about it then?!? you can attack and flame me, fine. I am used to that. sometimes i even ENJOY it a little. But as GOD as my witness I will be here at this website until He deems otherswise.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Somehow I just knew this thread would work in EoN's "Civ4 sucks" schtick. What I didn't anticipate was getting a "you all laugh at me but I'm superior to you mwahaha hey pay attention to me" rant along with it. Yay.

Bauzer, IIRC you got "shat on" by insisting on more respect than you had earned. It takes time to earn others' respect, and it's a good thing, too, or their respect wouldn't be worth having. We might not be ideally friendly, but that's because this is the sort of site that can assimilate all sorts of personalities in time--including personalities which happen to be utter jerkoffs. You're free to be a jerkoff here, and to ignore the jerkoffs, or to have long, obnoxious feuds with the jerkoffs while the other jerkoffs form a circle around you and cheer. Don't take it personally. It's just that there are a LOT of posters here. I've never been to CFC, but I suspect we can do without its "strict moderation" by having a thicker-skinned brand of poster.

As for being "barbarians": pass the mead!
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by EyesOfNight
        Here's why I think Apolyton is suffering:

This started with Civ3. With the decline of the Civ franchise, the failure of the CTP franchise, and the absolute fall of Civ2 (which was when Apolyton was at its height), many of the hardcore players have moved on. Apolyton always had a greater porportion of good players compared to Civfanatics which attracted a much lower level of players. As the quality of the Civ franchise continues to degrade and brings in a much less experienced group of players, and more casual group at that, you will continue to see numbers drop at Apolyton and increase at Civfanatics. Civilization 4 I believe is part 1 of 2 of the end of the Civ franchise and the collapse of Apolyton.
        Because God and all his little angels abandoned Civ 2 for that crap 3.
        Dickheads.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by EyesOfNight
          hmmmmm...I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or you are actually being serious. If this isn't sarcasm, you are making yourself look weak. Please turn your name back into AAHZ and refrain from emotional posts. You're supposed to be the one making fun of people who make posts like that one you just made. Perhaps I am alone after all.
          No, MOBIUS is still around here somewhere, I think. If you don't like it here, you can visit a Satanist board and chat with hundreds of people who think acting like a smeg is cool. They'll be glad to listen to you complain about the weak fools and their inferior video-game sequel, provided you're willing to listen to them complain about the insolent mortal of a science teacher who gave them a C- on their last test.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Bauzer
            be my guest *******
            I got 7, count em, S e v e n, stars! I'm so proud and grateful. I would first like to thank a few people...My mom, for always being there. :Sniff:

I just can't go on.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Elok: everybody knows by now that I AM an emotional poster. I speak whats on my mind from the heart. If it seems that I wanted respect as AAHZ then maybie thats exactly what i wanted. i have always been criticized for being too aggressive IRL and on here but thats just who i am. if you see me as a jerkoff then i guess thats just how you will continue to see me. When things get to me i show it and i vent. this topic hits a nerve because it involves Apolyton vs CFC. Shall I point anybody to the April Fools Threads...?
              pieceâ„¢

Lancer: your reputation preceeds you even of you do not know or remember me. you are at least worth 7...
              Order of the Fly

Comment

Lancer, you jackass.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Bauzer, IIRC you got "shat on" by insisting on more respect than you had earned. It takes time to earn others' respect, and it's a good thing, too, or their respect wouldn't be worth having.
                  Wow! I never realized how important respect is on an internet forum! Makes me think of how I act on here and want to change my ways.

No, MOBIUS is still around here somewhere, I think. If you don't like it here, you can visit a Satanist board and chat with hundreds of people who think acting like a smeg is cool.
                  I just do it for something to do. Unlike you, I hold no stock in my reputation on here or the "respect" (or lack thereof) I recieve. I don't really care if Apolyton and the Civ franchise collapse, as long as I can laugh while it happens.

Comment

im done with this thread. If i pissed off any Moderators by my ranting i apologize and you all should know me by now anyways. You should also know that i have done, and am capable of, much much worse. That is not an excuse thats just a fact that I am an old time poster and i at least deserved to have my feelings expressed about the issue of this website.
                    thank you and pieceâ„¢
                    Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Lancer, you jackass.
                      Seven stars and now this! I have fallen far. Besides, it's my brother's ass, not mine.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

All we need is Sava here now and we can begin passing out the prozac.

Comment

Speaking of Sava, he's been away quite a bit.
                          I bet he's locked up!

Comment

**shrug** I peruse both 'Poly and CivFanatics. The latter mainly because it does have a more active Apple Macintosh community.

FWIW, folks at both sites have always been decent to me. Sure, there's the occasional "hiccup" but, in the end, these are just nice Web sites with good resources and members.

Gatekeeper
                            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I see. You're bi.

Comment

Ohhh! Ya got me!
                                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                                X