No announcement yet.

Civfanatics more active than Apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civfanatics more active than Apolyton?

Seems like Civfanatics is more active these days. Has Apolyton fallen from the top?

How did you measure this?

Comment

i could break this entire thing down and even cite specific examples as to why this has happened...

...but meh.
      pieceâ„¢
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I calculated out the number of guests and members on line during the day in 15 minute increments. I then took the number of posts to online user ratios from the off-topic forum to come to a stunning conclusion: Apolyton is losing ground to Civfanatics.

Comment

I have an idea of why it is too, but lets wait and see what others say.

Comment

ok EoN...

...I was gonna go off on a rant here as to some reasons but i will be quiet for a bit.
            pieceâ„¢
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

this is old news.

we're a dying brand

Comment

You have 0 referrals in your profile, Eyes.

Comment

Referral as in people I have referred to this site?

Comment

All glory is fleeting.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Here's why I think Apolyton is suffering:

This started with Civ3. With the decline of the Civ franchise, the failure of the CTP franchise, and the absolute fall of Civ2 (which was when Apolyton was at its height), many of the hardcore players have moved on. Apolyton always had a greater porportion of good players compared to Civfanatics which attracted a much lower level of players. As the quality of the Civ franchise continues to degrade and brings in a much less experienced group of players, and more casual group at that, you will continue to see numbers drop at Apolyton and increase at Civfanatics. Civilization 4 I believe is part 1 of 2 of the end of the Civ franchise and the collapse of Apolyton.

Comment

Originally posted by EyesOfNight
                        Referral as in people I have referred to this site?
                        You get $10 for every person you bring to the site. But you have to use a special link. I've personally referred hundreds but never took a dime from owners, because that's the kind of guy I am.

Comment

A nice attempt at sarcasm, but otherwise just an attempt.

Comment

Old news. Around 5 years old, actually. CFC was more friendly to newbies when Civ3 came out, so by the time cIV came out, it had superior file content and modding community.

Comment

Well it's news to me since I left the community for a number of years.

Comment

Working...
                              X