SciFians, what's the poly wisdom on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say C- to D.

That is, unless you think that Vin Diesel's single-state emotion throughout both is a good thing.
    B♭3

Comment

On A-F?

I'd say Pitch Black is a good C+, probably a B for a Sci-Fi fan.

Comment

Yeah I'd give Pitch Black a "B" and CoR a "C+" with some bits of it worth a B.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
          Yep, every film doesn't have to be 'killer', sometimes you just want to pass a couple of hours....
          Then watch "Fistful of Dollars."

"I don't think it's right, you laughin'. Y'see, my mule gets the crazy notion that you're laughin' at him. Now, if you apologize -- like I know you're going to..."

Comment

Pitch black sucked. I haven't seen the other one.

The game is pretty good. Skip the movies, play the game.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

The wife of the commander in CoR (the one who betrays the overlord) is pretty hot.

But watch Gladiator instead
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I think CoR is okay, Pitch Black had some interest also. Neither is a great movie, but not a waste of two hours either.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Krull was betterish
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

'Chronicles of Riddick' could have been reduced to two syllables:

'chronic'.

What on earth was Dame Lady Queen Judi Dench the First doing in that pile of ossifying tripe ?

Almost as bad as seeing Laurence Olivier do kosher ham in 'The Jazz Singer'.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Pitch Black is a good low-budget sci-fi. The alien world is more convincing than George Lucas' CGI wedding cakes, at least. Never seen the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman

Never seen the other one.
                        I'd say don't, but it's unlikely your eyeballs would actually deliquesce and dribble down your cheeks if you did.

If you have a spare two hours and want a few cheap laughs, give it a look.

It's the kind of thing that makes 'Blake's Seven' look like a maturely considered drama.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

they're "riddick"-ulous!

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                            Better spent watching the shower scene in starship troopers
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

On A-F?

As I recall, there were lots of B cups.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X