X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Punish a 2 Year Old

Well... 2 in August.

I know that Ming just bans all of us, but my banning rod is in the shop

We give her time outs, which she hates. The isolation and being ignored really bugs her, and the lack of stimulation calms her down. Whether she understands what she did was wrong is beyond me.

At night, when she won't stay in bed I take away her security blanket. If she still gets out she gets a "spanking". More so, she is put over the knee and her diaper is "fluffed". She hates it, even though it doesn't hurt. It is more the angry voice and removal from her comfort zone.

Is that alright? I never do anything out of anger, because everything she does makes me smile. However, repeating the same behavior on my part doesn't seem like it would reinforce anything, nor would it elevate my authority.

Any advice?
    Monkey!!!

I think you're doing fine. Time out is a good one.
    The important thing, that you noted, is to never act in anger.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

well popping a diaper aint no pain involved
      if u want to get her attentin u need to smack the thigh. this will get her attention and make ya feel bad.
      Other thing ya can do if u dont already know is why is she fighting bed. if thats the case close her door and leave her in her room she will fall asleep where she lands. its a power paly going on right now
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

door is shut... I have video survalience (sp?)

She generally does ok, but every now and then she'll get up, climb her shelves, and pull everything off of them. We allow her to stay awake and play on her bed as she has enough toys on there. However, if she's up and moving she's keeping herself awake.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I was a thumper. Summer, as a toddler, broke my turntable. As she was doing it I was luckily right there and thumped her on the hand. She didn't like that a bit.
          I thumped her a couple of times over the years.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I'm for spanking, wifey isn't

that's the dilema
            Monkey!!!

Comment

A singular swat, I see nothing wrong with; but here soon, someone is going to call me a barbarian.
              That doesn't make me wrong, it makes me disagreed with and I can live with that, I think.

Comment

Zyklon B
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

i never spanked my kids, i did however teach them other ways. at two u need to let her know that what she takes down she has to put up. like if she tears up her room watch her pick up the stuff and help her a bit put it away. A smack on the thight gets their atttention. ur not being mean but u telling her i mean business
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

to be honest talk to the wifey tell her the swat hurts her more then it hurts josie. cause i know u are not doing it to beat the kid

Comment

I'm the one who swats, wifey doesn't
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

i know, if wifey is watching the swat hurts mom more then it does dad or the kid. Nothing wrong with little swat to let her know that ur behavior is not going to be tolerated

Comment

Spanking
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

We're talking children, Drake. Not your wild fetish parties. You know this, right?

Comment

I find spanking useful in both situations.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X