No announcement yet.

Police reports 300 injured in G8 clashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The police were attacked, according to the police. Funny how they're always the ones attacked, even though they have the shields, armor, clubs, rubber bullets, water cannons, and tear gas. Never been in a demonstration where the demonstrators attacked the police, but I've been in a few where the police attacked the demonstration.

Speaking of which, the city of Ft. Lauderdale was successfully sued for attempting to use illegal measures to prevent demonstrations at the OAS meeting two years back (you may remember my thread where I was accosted by the police and interrogated for the crime of wearing black). Our group, the Broward AntiWar Coalition is among several groups getting some money: $1,600. Not a lot, but it will help fund some activities.

Meanwhile, the city of Miami and the MPD are in deep doo doo in the lawsuit against the excessive police violence during the FTAA rallies.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      The police were attacked, according to the police.
      According to attac too.
      Blah

Comment

According to our papers as well. I guess the fascist media has once again spun the truth and the peace loving equality soldiers with black hoods and masks were there to just have a peaceful demo.

Crack their heads open adn kill their leaders. Now.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The sad thing about this story is that the hoolies moved the focus onto rioting and injuries and away from the unconscionably way globalization is being implimented.

If I were a greedy, self-centered capitalist whose only interest is maximizing short-term profits and passing the costs onto society, I'd love those guys.

Comment

Have football hooligans moved into the communist fighting squads now that banning orders have been put around?
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              They should have just poison gassed the protesters. Then it would have been a meeting to remember plus we'd have fewer whiny idiots blathering nonsense.
              Whiny is probably not exactly the way to describe the black block.
              But I take you'd like to see the peacful protesters gassed (for being whiny)...
              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler
                Have football hooligans moved into the communist fighting squads now that banning orders have been put around?
                Some - most are still on the fascist side of the idiot line though.
                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
                  this is reminding me of the infamous "Copenhagen" incident and subsequent thread(s), but not as serious. meh.
                  pieceâ„¢
                  In Copenhagen what happened there was at least a direct emotional response to a determined provocation aimed at the left community. What happened now was just a riot for the purpose of rioting.

Comment

Lol at che, it is very common for these leftists anti globalization guys to destroy shops, not only of McDonals or citibank and that kind (which for them represents yankee imperialism), but also of common people, they always leave a trail of destruction and others injured, molotov bombs all that stuff.

and lol at the pussified german police, you cant have hundreds of policemen injured, dont let them hit you in first place..
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III

Whiny is probably not exactly the way to describe the black block.
                      But I take you'd like to see the peacful protesters gassed (for being whiny)...
                      I'm beginning to think you should be gassed too.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        I'm beginning to think you should be gassed too.
                        I didn't expect anything less of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
                          Lol at che, it is very common for these leftists anti globalization guys to destroy shops, not only of McDonals or citibank and that kind (which for them represents yankee imperialism), but also of common people, they always leave a trail of destruction and others injured, molotov bombs all that stuff.
                          Y'see, this is teh True Evil of these rioters. No one is discussing the shortcomings of the way globalization is being implimented, how it's leading to pollution and oppression of working people. Instead, they're talking about these @holes calling them anti-globalization guys and tarnishing the entire movement.

Comment

If I were an evil greedy monopolist, I would hire those guys...

Nothing harms the anti-globalist cause more than those guys....

Comment

Working...
                            X