Russia tests new ICBM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia tests new ICBM

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

This doesn't seem too threatening to me at first look. So why is everyone so concerned?

Can anyone tell me what makes this missile especially capable of avoiding the missile shield?

Who is so concerned?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Going only on the information in the article, I would guess the multiple warheads. Once the missile breaks up into several warheads it's much harder to intercept them all. Of course, that wouldn't help much if it were intercepted by a base in Eastern Europe while on its way to North America.

Comment

ICBMs

Serb

Serb with ICBMs
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

They say it can evade any missile defence systems.

That is why they're so concerned about those systems.
          Blah

Comment

Re: Russia tests new ICBM

Originally posted by Ecthy
            Can anyone tell me what makes this missile especially capable of avoiding the missile shield?
            At a guess, it is a lot faster, or does something funky like splits into multiple warheads or has decoys.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

But that's nothing new I thought?

I'd say it can teleport itself.
              Blah

Comment

Or it simply doesn't, and is a redesigned peice of crap based on something that used to be badass 20 years ago, like most "new" Russian hardware.

For you Serb
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I reckon it actually burrows into the ground and comes at you from underneath and not from the skies. No-one would see that coming. Except me.

Comment

It has energy shields.

Comment

Re: Russia tests new ICBM

Originally posted by Ecthy
                      [Can anyone tell me what makes this missile especially capable of avoiding the missile shield?
                      What missile shield would that be?
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

Wiki has hardly anything about the thing beyond general blahblah.

Blah

Comment

Thats why we planted that singularity in the Earth's core.
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Yes, multiple warheads and decoys are nothing new, so there must be something else to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                              Thats why we planted that singularity in the Earth's core.
                              Is that what happened in that Core movie. I am ever so glad I decided not to watch it....

Comment

Working...
                              X