Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B & J's - what's your favourite flavour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ixnay
    No votes for Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream?

Shame on you all.
    They all get a wag of the finger.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Movie English.

Comment

It's not that bad. Ice cream is an expensive thing to make, and I'm not aware of any actual ice cream (as in that's made with cream and sugar, rather than all sorts of vegetable fats) that's much cheaper. Even if you make it yourself the price difference isn't much.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Talk about lack of grasp of reality.

Cheapo ice cream comes for €1 a kilo, whereas B&J comes for 3 euros for 300g. Of course it has fancy chunks in it and all, but that doesn't make it 10fold as expensive to make. It's the brand and the fact that it's imported.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy

Talk about lack of grasp of reality.

Cheapo ice cream comes for €1 a kilo, whereas B&J comes for 3 euros for 300g. Of course it has fancy chunks in it and all, but that doesn't make it 10fold as expensive to make. It's the brand and the fact that it's imported.
            Which part of "actual ice cream (as in that's made with cream and sugar, rather than all sorts of vegetable fats)" didn't seem clear? You can get ice cream for €1 a kilo, but it's not made with cream and sugar, or at least, not much of it. It's vegetable fats whipped up to look like ice cream. At least it is in the UK. Look at the ingredients and try and find something made predominantly of cream, sugar, perhaps eggs and chocolate/fruit or some other flavouring, for €1 a kilo. You won't. Even own-brand supermarket ice cream that's actually ice cream is a good £2-3 for a 500g tub, whereas B&Js is nearer the £4 mark. Sure, you pay for the brand, and the different flavours, etc., but the difference isn't huge. Ice cream, as in actual ice cream made from cream, is not cheap. Try and make it yourself and see what it costs.

Flavoured fats and such are cheap, true, but they're hardly really ice cream.
            Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
              Which part of "actual ice cream (as in that's made with cream and sugar, rather than all sorts of vegetable fats)" didn't seem clear? You can get ice cream for €1 a kilo, but it's not made with cream and sugar, or at least, not much of it. It's vegetable fats whipped up to look like ice cream. At least it is in the UK. Look at the ingredients and try and find something made predominantly of cream, sugar, perhaps eggs and chocolate/fruit or some other flavouring, for €1 a kilo. You won't. Even own-brand supermarket ice cream that's actually ice cream is a good £2-3 for a 500g tub, whereas B&Js is nearer the £4 mark. Sure, you pay for the brand, and the different flavours, etc., but the difference isn't huge. Ice cream, as in actual ice cream made from cream, is not cheap. Try and make it yourself and see what it costs.

Flavoured fats and such are cheap, true, but they're hardly really ice cream.
              Then you should have made your definition of "actual ice cream" clearer. The term itself is a bit blurry, is it not?

Comment

I love Phish Food! What girl can resist chocolate ice cream with gooey marshmallow & caramel swirls & chocolate fish? Man...I'm going to have to stop at a store to pick some up on my way home from work.
                In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Chubby Hubby. At least that's what my wife would say.
                  The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Cherry Garcia is an oldie but goodie.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Tody I had another one, Cookie Dough. Not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                        Then you should have made your definition of "actual ice cream" clearer. The term itself is a bit blurry, is it not?
                        Wait, clarifying it by saying "as in that's made with cream and sugar, rather than all sorts of vegetable fats" didn't make it clear what I meant? I didn't just say "actual ice cream", I did actually state what I meant by that.
                        Smile

Comment

My favorite is Chubby Hubby

Chocolate covered, peanut butter filled pretzles in a marble fudge ice cream... All I have in the fridge right now is Black Razberry Chocolate Chip from Graeters.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

the family i babysit for always has atleast 5 different icecream flavours in their freezers :drool:

Comment

Working...
                            X