No announcement yet.

The Last Temptation of Al Gore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

algore's supposedly strong issue is the environment? Hell, he'd get ripped apart in debates on that very issue if he was confronted with someone who had a basic knowledge of paleoclimatology.

Comment

Call him out, Berz. Rip him a new one.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
        Rudy has troubles, apparently he's been getting picketed by NY firefighters and their families for his screw ups before and after 9/11. Its looking like Kerry's problem with the swift boaters...
        Except I doubt the Dems are behind the Giuliani critics. They're just not that organized
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Which debate was that?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
            algore's supposedly strong issue is the environment? Hell, he'd get ripped apart in debates on that very issue if he was confronted with someone who had a basic knowledge of paleoclimatology.
            Good thing, he'll only be debating fellow politicians
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

If Gore can't make it on his own, what are the odds that he might jump back in at a lower position? VP again, or a state gov. perhaps?
              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Manbearpig

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                  If Gore can't make it on his own, what are the odds that he might jump back in at a lower position? VP again, or a state gov. perhaps?
                  No, too thankless a task. I couldn't even see him taking a cabinet-level position in a Dem administration.

And, for what its worth, I don't think he'll run. Unlike successful politicians like Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, and Bush, Gore seems to be an honest-to-God family guy, and he's already put his family through the trauma of a bruising presidential race. I don't think he'll do it again.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

If he doesn't then we'll be stuck with a Hillary vs Rudy crap sandwich.

Comment

Why so little faith in Barak "Yo Momma" Obama?

Comment

Obama just reminds me a lot of Dean. Lots of flash in the pan but not really likely to start a fire which can go the distance. Hillary might win but she has a list of disadvantages a mile long and is a high risk candidate without to much upside plus she inspires a lot of hate from the party's base.

Comment

I think Gore will make an excellent Secretary of the Interior, you can totally have a beard as Secretary of the Interior, its like being First officer of the Enterprise.

Also my money is on Obama, hes pulled up to parity with Hillary which considering her advantages is remarkable. Its now obvious that if things continue on their present course Obama will win the nomination, only a major derailment could stop him now, he simply isn't going to fade away.
                          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Outsider's point of view. Obama seems less votable than Hillary. Discuss.

Comment

I think Gore would make a fine Secretary of Late Night Satirical Talkshows, should such a position ever open up.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                                Outsider's point of view. Obama seems less votable than Hillary. Discuss.
                                Obama has the ear of the youth which may sound nice, but even last election with all of the campaigns to get kids to vote we were still one of the most apathetic demographics. He's also got the minorities paying attention. Down the road that will mean a lot more than it will now what with the predicted population expansions and all, but for now it isn't much.

So yeah, Hillary is more electable I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X