• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polytubbies give a helping hand to the cause

Masturbate-a-thon Celebrate National Masturbation Month
    San Francisco Proclaims Self Love
    By Kelly Spies CLOUT INDEX
    Published May 02, 2007

May is National Masturbation Month and San Francisco is taking things into their own hands. They have created an event called the masturbate-a-thon. The Masturbate-a-thon is being hosted by the Center for Sex and Culture to raise money the center needs for its sex educational programs.

The Center for Sex and Culture is a non profit group that teaches people about positive sex. They regularly provide classes, workshops and social events as methods of educating diverse people about safe sex. They also provide a library and search materials that cover every range of sexual topic that comes to mind. The goal of the Center for Sex and Culture is to reach a wide variety of people from all different types of backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities and financial brackets. They have been chosen by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists to assist in educating the educators. Their doors are always open to college interns and universities in need of a little sex ed.

Masturbation Month was originally started in 1995 by a company called Good Vibrations to protest firing U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Joycelyn Elders. Elders was asked a question about safe sex and responded with, "Masturbation is something that perhaps should be taught." Sex education providers around the nation agreed with her but the conservative consensus did not and so she was canned. In lieu of that firing, Good Vibrations decided to rage war against the conservatives by bringing masturbation to the front lines; to make it a visible topic of discussion amongst Americans.

When asked why Good Vibrations chose May as their month to target they stated, "The merry, merry month of May has long been seen as symbolizing sexual awakening. Also, because "May" and "masturbation" both start with "M."

The Masturbate-a-thon was the concept of Carol King at Good Vibrations in the year 2000. She thought group activities would be more fun that spanking the monkey at him in private.

To date many world records have been set for masturbating at the Masturbate-a-thon. Norine Dworkin, from San Francisco holds the world record for the longest masturbating time with 6 hours and 30 minutes. A woman in London holds the world record for the most orgasms at 49 big O's.

Like any other fund raising project, there are a lot of different ways to participate in the Masturbate-a-thon. You can sponsor someone to whack of for you if you'd rather not have people watching you, you can give cash, masturbate in your own home while watching live via webcast or you could consider starting your own masturbation team. Mind you there are rules for masturbation teams in the Masturbate-a-thon. Lastly you can just walk around and watch the action without being a registered masturbator. This year, Good Vibrations has decided to include a new competition into the Masturbate-a-thon; an ejaculation distance spewing contest. There are sections of the event cordoned off for spectators that have passed a respectability test to watch all that whacking. So join in this year in May and beat your meat in the name of Sex Ed.
    linky
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

"May is National Masturbation Month"

I had no idea.
    Blah

Comment

Be back in a minute...
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Btw, what do we do the rest of the year?
        Blah

Comment

Back...

Man, what you have to do to support the good cause
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Damn it I flubbed the title. Should have been:

Polytubbies give a helping hand to the cause.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
              Damn it I flubbed the title. Should have been:

Polytubbies give a helping hand to the cause.
              Ask a Mod if he would be so kind and give a helping hand by changing the title
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Is that a helping hand?
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Ask a Mod if he would be so kind and give a helping hand by changing the title
                    If only we could take matters like these into our own hands
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

If only we could take matters like these into our own hands
                      Yeah, but isn't it a bit more kinky if it's a mod that give you a helping hand
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Maybe it's banana to them.
                        Blah

Comment

Done, and no snide comments
                          I help myself
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                            Done
                            We've got to hand it to you - that was quick
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Naw, I took my time.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X