X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Blessed appreciation thread

We love teh big guy.
    Attached Files
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

I'm afraid we'll get to see some Brain Blessed impressions in Barcelona, ironically enough

Comment

Originally posted by the dolphin
      We love teh big guy!
      Amen to that! He's a great actor. I love his over-the-top performances.

I loved him in Henry V. And Prince Vultan was the only redeeming character in Flash Gordon.

And hearing him narrate for RTW: Alexander was phenomenal!
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

PH is more into doing a cross between QEII and Gary Glitter. It beggars belief sometimes.

Comment

He always had something going with his eyes, that's why they called him "Eye-Ronnie"

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander I
            Amen to that! He's a great actor. I love his over-the-top performances.

I loved him in Henry V. And Prince Vultan was the only redeeming character in Flash Gordon.

And hearing him narrate for RTW: Alexander was phenomenal!
            He made Flash Gordon watchable.

He does a lot of radio voiceovers now.

Comment

I'd love to hear him do the next Civ game.

Comment

"I like not this news! Bring me some other news."

[/blackadder]

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                  I'd love to hear him do the next Civ game.
                  Imagine this, a new technology is discovered...

Future Tech 3:

"Second Wave! DIVE!!!"
                  Last edited by Alexander I; May 16, 2007, 18:31.
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Yeah, that "beep. beep. beep." of, was it Patrick Stewart?, wasn't too convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                      "I like not this news! Bring me some other news."
                      Yes, milord.

Milord, news. Lord Wessex is not dead.
                      Last edited by LordShiva; May 16, 2007, 18:40.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                        I'm afraid we'll get to see some Brain Blessed impressions in Barcelona, ironically enough
                        Wouldn't that be ironic if we did!

All hail to Brian Blessed, truly a booming God amongst men!
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I only know him from blackadder... is he really that famous?
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs
                            Here's just a few notable excerpts from his very large filmography:

# As You Like It (2006) .... Duke Senior/Duke Frederick
                            # Rome: Total War - Alexander (2006) (VG) .... Voice
                            # Alexander (2004) .... Wrestling Trainer
                            # Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior (2003) (VG) (voice) .... The Admiral
                            # Kingdom Hearts (2002) (VG) (voice) .... Clayton
                            # Tarzan (1999) (voice) .... Mr. Clayton, the Gorilla Hunter
                            # Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) (voice) .... Boss Nass
                            # King Lear (1999) .... King Lear
                            # Macbeth (1997) .... Edward the Confessor
                            # Hamlet (1996) .... Ghost
                            # The Bruce (1996) .... Edward I
                            # Much Ado About Nothing (1993) .... Antonio
                            # Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) .... Lord Locksley
                            # Waiting for Godot (1991) .... Pozzo
                            # Henry V (1989) .... Exeter
                            # "The Black Adder" .... King Richard IV of England (6 episodes, 1983)
                            # Flash Gordon (1980) .... Prince Vultan
                            # "I, Claudius" (1976) (mini) TV Series .... Augustus
                            # Man of La Mancha (1972) .... Pedro, the Head Muleteer
                            # Henry VIII and His Six Wives (1972) .... Suffolk
                            # The Trojan Women (1971) .... Talthybius
                            # "The Avengers" .... Mark Dayton / ... (2 episodes, 1967-1969)

Known for: Flash Gordon, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Tarzan

I haven't seen all of these, but these were the ones I recognized personally. He does a lot of supporting roles, but he's literally in everything.

I loved his King Edward in "The Bruce." I think he even outdid the guy who played the same role on "Braveheart."

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs
                              Ohh yes he is!!!!

He has climbed Everest a couple of times too (without oxygen IIRC).
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X