No announcement yet.

Desperately Need Website Help Before Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The image from the web may not have refreshed in your browser- hold down shift and hit refresh, mayhap that is the only problem?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

By the way, a second option is to have a transparent background, which will then put whatever your website's background as the background. I can make one of those, give me a few bits.

Comment

Not sure how those'll turn out, photobucket may be lowering their quality... I can make a higher quality one if necessary. Attaching the lucinda one below via apolyton to see if it works better that way.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oops, forgot to capitalize the B. Fixed here.
          Attached Files

Comment

By the way, you should link to your website in your sig

Comment

Trust me after all the help I've gotten here it doesn't feel like mine it's a group effort. I will when it's finished. See that's what I originally wanted was just for the name to go in the main image thingy and let the website background be the website. So I can now do this with what you did snoopy yes?

And what the hell is up with the people who run the website being in the freekin Philipeeeeeeens. I was wondering why I was having language problems trying to get them to understand me! No offense Lancer.
              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

hehe, presumably it's cheaper to run things there

It should work just like text in that it takes the background color of the web page, yes.

The problem with HTML is that you don't know what fonts any given user might have on his or her computer. So, you shouldn't generally use different fonts other than "monospace" (like our [ code ] font) and default.

Aunt JuneBug

For example, although the above will usually display in Lucida Handwriting, if the user doesn't have Lucida Handwriting on his computer, it will display in something else (presumably the default font).

How about this?

Many users won't have that font ... and it will not display correctly.

Images, in general, display a lot more consistently, and so you'll be better off any time you have something you want displayed "just so" using an image rather than a font.
                Last edited by snoopy369; May 15, 2007, 15:17.

Comment

Sorry for not responding, Tia, I'm on the road this week. I'm at a hotel in suburban Atlanta right now, continuing on to St. Pete FL tomorrow. Assuming the wildfires don't get us.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                  X