How did they make the pyramids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did they make the pyramids?

It's an interesting thing. Of course the huge amount of work with their technology, just seems very difficult.

I think one of the biggest issues is the fact that they're aligned N-S-W-E pretty well. How did they do that? With their technology, I think they haven't solved it, as in if we had to do it with their tech, we couldn't.

So anyway I saw this Joe Rogan stand up, wasn't particularly great but it had a funny theory about this all. It was that there are some really smart people out there, even right now. But we're basically breeding so fast, that the average idiots are outnumbering the really smart ones and at some point, we just run out of the smart ones and we're all pretty stupid. So. How well would we uphold the systems adn technologies. It's not like the average idiot would be able to figure it out. So at some point the power goes out and blaablaablaa, back in the caves, easy to defend against the wild animals and others, unlike in cities without power blaablaablaa. Few generations goes on and we don't even know math anymore, it's just gone.

So, the theory went on to explain that this explains the pyramids. There were some really smart people around then, really really smart. But the idiot stone workers simply were breeding more and finally they ran out of the really smart ones eventually. So few generations went by and they just claimed they built the pyramids and so forth. And that we are all just bastard children of the idiot stone workers. It's a pretty good story .

It had some good points, like do you know how stupid people really are and just send a person to the woods with an axe and wait until he is able to send you an e-mail. Like, he says he knows he is pretty stupid, but almost everyone he meets is even more stupid. And since stupid people don't know they're stupid...

As in, you are able to buy a phone with a camera and operate it, and that's almost smart, but do you really know how it's done? So no, you aren't really that smart after all. You just know how to push a button.

So anyway, any other alternative theories about the pyramids, except the "aliens did it"?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

With their technology, I think they haven't solved it, as in if we had to do it with their tech, we couldn't.

Bull.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Comment

KH, really? Ok.. that's just something I thought I remembered they said in a documentary. I might have mixed it up.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Those documentaries are always so frigging sensationalist.

I'm sure there are details we still don't understand, but I think that to claim that we won't figure out those details is naive.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I think one of the biggest issues is the fact that they're aligned N-S-W-E pretty well. How did they do that? With their technology, I think they haven't solved it, as in if we had to do it with their tech, we couldn't.
            Pekka, I know you live in finland so it's probably a rare experience for you, but there is this yellow thingie up in the air wich also was around when the pyramids were build. They actually also used that thingy to discover that the world was round . Those gypties was actually not stupid

Edit : suddently is in doubt - think it was one of those hairy greeks that did that round world thing.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
              Pekka, I know you live in finland so it's probably a rare experience for you, but there is this yellow thingie up in the air wich also was around when the pyramids were build.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

So anyway, any other alternative theories about the pyramids, except the "aliens did it"?
                Check out the link Ecthy gave you
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Joe Rogan also believes that people never went to the moon. Would take anything he suggests with a pinch... no... a bucket of salt.

Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

Isn't he a singer?
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

As in, you are able to buy a phone with a camera and operate it, and that's almost smart, but do you really know how it's done? So no, you aren't really that smart after all. You just know how to push a button.
                      Cell phones, cameras and I have issues that are as yet unresolved.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Really, the only impressive thing about building a big honking pyramid is managing the logistics for the workforce. Pyramids themselves are about as simple as buildings can be.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                          Really, the only impressive thing about building a big honking pyramid is managing the logistics for the workforce. Pyramids themselves are about as simple as buildings can be.
                          BS. The workforce logistic wasn't that big a problem - any civ used to manage an army can do that. What is impressive is that they could put those lego blocks as high as they did.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The flying saucers, doofus! Don't you pay attention?
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

and the Platypus.....
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                              X