Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 28 weeks later discussion thread ( SPOILERIFIC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hoosemate went and saw this a few days ago, said it was quite good so I decided to go as well while I had a couple of spare hours.

I've gotta say... it wasn't good. At all. It started off so well, Robert Carlyle's ("Dad") tragic flawed survivor could have been a great hero. But then the people making the film went and hit the stupid button and it all went to ****. Stupid people. Stupid decisions. Stupid plot devices. Stupid action sequences.

I suppose I should have guessed it, when Dad winked to his children that he could "access all areas" as he let them into a housing block. Apparently this also meant that he could access any military structure, including a medical facility holding a potentially infected survivor. Which, de rigeur, was not guarded by anyone. I can't quite work out if the writers at that point decided the infected guy could still use his access card while frothing at the mouth and screaming, but it makes no sense either way. He managed to go from the medical facility to a supposedly secure shelter, which of course was not secure and made no sense.

Rest of the movie? Team of survivors trying to escape, but they don't decide to bother building any character for any of them besides "Girl trying to help" and "Guy trying to help (with a gun)". Same for the other characters, including the children who it has to be said manage to be the least annoying children in any movie I've ever seen.

And so it reaches the end, as predictably, awfully and non-sensically and you could imagine. Several more bad mistakes and that's the end of that chapter.

If 28 Days Later received 8/10, Land of The Dead gets 6/10 and this gets 3/10. The expected sequel I will no dount give 2/10.

Comment

Thought this movie was lame. Basically a repeat of the origin with a bit of a few people with genetic immunity who aren't effected but who can still transmit the disease. The first one was better as it was at least original; this one is the same **** in a new box.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
      X