X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say it ain't so...

Blow jobs linked to throat Cancer

Oral sex linked to throat cancer
    A virus contracted through oral sex is the cause of some throat cancers, say US scientists.

But at least you can still have a smoke after sex...

HPV infection was found to be a much stronger risk factor than tobacco or alcohol use, the Johns Hopkins University study of 300 people found.
    What?

Keep this information from the women!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's amazing what can kill you these days.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

They're doing it all wrong. Goes for the researchers too.

I say we give them more interns.

Comment

Not news, this has been known for years.

<--- Goes to college an hour from the college with the highest STD rate in the US.

<--- Also partying there tonight

"Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

best if the bloke eats garlic the meal before
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Just gargle afterwards with Drano.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

How much do you want to bet the research was paid for by some fundy group?
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Actually it probably was done by people who support HPV vaccinations.

Fundies hate those.
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                    Actually it probably was done by people who support HPV vaccinations.

Fundies hate those.
                    The article doesn't say.

I like this though:

But experts said a larger study was needed to confirm the findings.

I wonder if they will have trouble finding volunteers?
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

i don't want throat cancer!!!!!!!

"80% of sexually active women can expect to have an HPV infection at some point in their lives." does this include those who get the three shots for HPV?

Comment

No. I think this was Apoc's point.

Comment

98% of HPV infections are perfectly fine. Most have no physical symptoms even. The vast majority of the rest are only small bumps that don't really matter, don't even hurt, and are not bad physically at all. Like with many viruses, these bumps only really show up when you have poor health or under a lot of stress. If you stay very healthy, it is possible no one will ever know.

3 strains cause cervical and throat cancer. That's pretty much the point of pap smears actually. The HPV vaccinations only go after these cancerous strains, but due to some similarities can help against others.

I know this because an ex at the previously mentioned college thought she had HPV. It turned out it was razor burn.

Comment

Also condoms don't really do much. Not because it goes through condoms, just that it can easily be at the base of the appendage which still generally touches the girl.

Comment

I wait for a study that shows breathing oxygen on a daily basis increases risk for some form of cancer.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X