Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 vaccination shots at once

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
    So ive just taken 5 shots in one sitting. will i get sick?

shots taken:
    1. tetanus booster
    2. meningococcal booster
    3. yellow fever
    4. influenza
    5. rabies I

plus a tb test.
    Is this why you don't know what a standard deviation is?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
      I don't know what shots I got in boot camp. I got lots of them. I wish I had those records. But it seems like the military won't let me have access to my records. They didn't give them to me when I got out. Oh well.
      The military has something called iPerms online which basically includes all your records. This includes contracts, ribbons, orders, etc. They also have medical records, including shot records. You should be able to access it.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

i did get sick =(
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I'm probably missing something obvious, but why did you require a rabies shot, Lawrence? Were you bitten by a bat or some other animal that's from a known reservoir/carrier species?

Gatekeeper
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Fond memories of my typhoid/para-typhoid, cholera & smallpox jabs- all for a trip to Spain in the early 70s.

The typhoid/para-typhoid jabs made my upper arm swell up, turn red and left the puncture wound the centre of an interesting looking 'crater' which oozed clear fluid.

Struggling manfully to school, as I walked along the bus to sit down, it lurched, throwing me and the self-same inflamed arm against one of the poles on the upper deck.

The pain was so intense I thought I was going to vomit.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

i need the rabies shots because i will be travelling and working in rural areas in south america this summer that may be more than a few hours away from proper medical facilities.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Five? PIFFFFFFF! Call me back when you get 21 in one day then you'll be in the big leagues. The Army lost my entire medical file before I went to Iraq so they demanded I retake every single one of my vaccination shots. That was a very bad two days.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                X