animal rights activists want chimp declared a person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animal rights activists want chimp declared a person

Syndicated news and opinion website providing continuously updated headlines to top news and analysis sources.

Yes I understand their reasoning behind it. But I'm sure they will have no problem finding charity money for this chimp.

People treat non people better than people.

*insert Dubya joke here*
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I could have sworn we had a thread on this some time ago. Anyway, this is dumb. Animals already DO have rights in the form of laws protecting them. And this bullsh*t about Austrian law preventing them from collecting money for the chimp? GET THE F*CKING LAW CHANGED DUMBASSES!!! Instead of only a person, get it changed so that an organization can receive personal donations. How backwards are these Austrians?
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

It's a slippery slope, in my opinion. If allowed to vote, all chimps would naturally vote for the liberals, which can not be tolerated. It's bad enough as it is.

Comment

Well, that's a bridge already crossed. You were given the right to vote so technically all of your fellow chimps can.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Chimps are more likely to vote for Bush (or someone else who looks like him/them)
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I want these chimps dead.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

that chimp would bust a cap in your ass Pekka...
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't think so, Sava. I'm pretty badass. I'd act like I was in love with the chimp, and once I get his back.... BOOM! I'll snap his freaking chimp neck.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

If corporations can be persons, why can't a chimp?
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        I don't think so, Sava. I'm pretty badass. I'd act like I was in love with the chimp, and once I get his back.... BOOM! I'll snap his freaking chimp neck.
                        Does breaking a neck make a "BOOM" sound?

I would figure it would be more like a "CRACK".
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          If corporations can be persons, why can't a chimp?
                          next thing you know they will be extending personhood to YOURFACE!1
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No, the BOOM is the sound of me moving so fast. I'm breaking the sound barrier.
                            In da butt.

Comment

That's what I thought, but I needed clarification.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X