No announcement yet.

Genious crow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was also something on the BBC website about an Octopus opening a bottle.
    Blah

Comment

Octopodi are smart.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

so are LordShivae
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

awww. smart animals

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
            Bloody hell.

Who long did it take to train them up to that standard?
            Do you know for a fact that it was training?

Comment

I remember learning about an experiment about a bird (possibly crows) that, when given a similar kind of puzzle, they would actually stop and think about the solution. After their 'thinking' out the problem solution, they would immediately take the appropriate action to get the food, which was covered.

The food cover was attached to a horizontal wire by a string. The [crow] had to pull on the string to life the cover, and then use one of its feet to hold the string in place.

The thing that is striking is the lack of seemingly random action before it figured out the problem.. it would just simply pause in thought in first.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

Do you know for a fact that it was training?
                Teh phantom Krill post!
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                X