On Asher's Gayness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Asher's Gayness.

I have this theory that whether we are male or female, we all have varying levels of testosterone and estrogen.

Testosterone:
    A white crystalline steroid hormone, C19H28O2, produced primarily in the testes and responsible for the development and maintenance of male secondary sex characteristics.

Estrogen:
    Any of several steroid hormones produced chiefly by the ovaries and responsible for promoting estrus and the development and maintenance of female secondary sex characteristics.

=======================================
    The following numbers are just estimated guesses to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Commonly, males will have say 70 - 95% testosterone, and females 70 - 95% estrogen.

Now, when you look at a lesbian or a gay, you will often find them to have characteristics of the opposite sex. A (major?) contributing factor might be high levels of the opposite hormone?

Now, on to Asher. Have any of you noticed, that the pictures he has posted of guys he finds "cute" are very feminine type of men? The most recent example I can recall right now is the boy from the TV show "Heroes". This guy is gay, he does not behave girly, but his features are a bit soft and "sweet".

If Asher preferred men at the 180% degree, he might go for a much wider range of men, for example, stronger, sturdier, rugged, etc. But he doesn't appear to. Does this mean that Asher's level of Estrogen and Testosterone is quite even, like 50/50? If so, that would make him more of a bisexual? Maybe he is 40 testosterone and 60 estrogen, pushing him to like feminine type of men?

Now, on to myself, I am in similar appearence and almost in behaviour to that boy on Heroes, yet I myself feel disgusted at the thought of even hugging a guy. I feel shivers down my spine. I'm not against gayness, I just can't stand being with a guy, even typing this is difficult.

So what is going on here? What are the chemical reasons for these varying levels of difference? Remember, the two hormones I have talked about are what I think to be CONTRIBUTING FACTORS, not 100% evidence.
    be free

tldr

Comment

Do you have any sort of biological evidence for your pet theory?

Comment

None at all, completely observational.
        be free

Comment

Okay, continue masturbating then. Asher might join you

Comment

The evidence actually points towards gay men having higher levels of testosterone. Up to and including the fact that science has shown us homos have much more in the manhood department *down there*.

But don't let me dash your pet theory. I'm only a simple biochemist and all.
            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Are you assuming that it is more manly for a man to like a man, than for a man to like a woman?
              be free

Comment

Define "manly"
                Blah

Comment

Surely two men is more manly than just one man.
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I would suppose that a man with more testosterone is more interested in sex in general; and it requires a significant 'push' to overcome the societal pressure to be straight, thus only those with a strongish sex drive "come out" in any sense, even if perhaps some with weaker sex drives might, if society were wired differently, be gay.

Ultimately I would presume that the largest factors in gay/straight are environmental and not genetic; relationships in your childhood undoubtedly have a substantial effect on one's orientation, as does the culture you grow up in. There may well be some genetic basis, but environment surely plays a very substantial role.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

snoopy, if you believe that society is a major factor in shaping whether you are gay or straight, then I guess the best way to prove that theory is to find a gay person in a tribe of very few people that are against male and male courtship.

I have not heard or read of any, but I have strong feelings that there are men who are born with attraction for men only; I profoundly disagree that society has much influence on what sex you prefer.
                      be free

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                        I would suppose that a man with more testosterone is more interested in sex in general; and it requires a significant 'push' to overcome the societal pressure to be straight, thus only those with a strongish sex drive "come out" in any sense, even if perhaps some with weaker sex drives might, if society were wired differently, be gay.
                        Just stop, please.

(Specifically, this obsession with such a huge linear influence of testosterone levels.)

edit: damnit, I'm getting you two mixed up

Comment

Bebro, I think manly is defined by the level of testosterone in the body, since that is the very hormone that constructs the male sexual organs and such.
                          be free

Comment

Which Sn0opy is which

Comment

Kuci, if you were directing that post to me; why is it, throughout most of your posts in Apolyton, you just post your vague feelings instead of any thoughts or evidence?
                              be free

Comment

Working...
                              X