Anyone seen Spidey 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a bit squished.

It wasn't terrible though. If they took out Harry/GG2, or took out Venom (but kept the black suit) then it would have been perfect. The movie was still really, really good and you should all see it.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I saw it for a second time last night (geek, i know) and it felt much better than the first time around. The pace was much better. My parents, seeing it for the first time, didn't think it was too squished at all. They liked it.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I saw it the other day as well. I co worker of mine I think nail it on the head with how I felt about.

Spiderman is going down the Batman path. They are too busy introducing characters and not advancing the story. Don't get me wrong, I still like it very much, but it does seem to be at the begining stages of Batmanism (I would bet if there is another one, it will be worse unless they emphasise the story and script rather than the villian).
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          I hate Tobey McGuire....such a douche.

You're just pissy because he won't restrain you with his web.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

@ lack of message icon
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
              About on par with the other two films.
              So it sucked?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I saw it. Decent. Better than 1 worse than 2.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I like 1 fine. I have 2 recorded and Playful won't take time out to watch it with me. The hag.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

1 was ok to good.
                    2 was well done.
                    3 is a bit better than 1 IMO. (Give 3 the edge over 1 simply for gratuitous US Flag shot )
                    Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe; May 12, 2007, 11:42.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                      I saw it the other day as well. I co worker of mine I think nail it on the head with how I felt about.

Spiderman is going down the Batman path. They are too busy introducing characters and not advancing the story. Don't get me wrong, I still like it very much, but it does seem to be at the begining stages of Batmanism (I would bet if there is another one, it will be worse unless they emphasise the story and script rather than the villian).
                      I'd say Spidey 3 was on the level of Batman Returns. Decent, but not as good as the predecessor. The series can now either go they way of the old Batman films, or not.

I think the 3 plot lines (Sandman, Black Suit/Venom, and New Goblin) got a little tangled. It all worked itself out by the end, I guess.
                      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Here's an opportunity to learn a lesson.

Never call your wife a hag in a public forum, and then show it to her while laughing.

Comment

Remind her that the theme of Spider-Man 3 is forgiveness.

Comment

If I get to see 2 first, I will.
                            I made it even worse. I asked her, do you want me to sleep on the couch? Sleeping on the couch is like camping out to a man.

This too shall pass.

Comment

It is a silly movie, I had a hard time watching the scenes of "bad spidey" walking down the streets checking out the chicks, and dancing like travolta, that was painful.

It also had too many stories which didnt connect well, like the fired photographer, who was in the church just at the right time, I thouggt the emovie pretty much sucked.
                              I need a foot massage

Comment

It is a silly movie, I had a hard time watching the scenes of "bad spidey" walking down the streets checking out the chicks, and dancing like travolta, that was painful.
                                the venom-goo that came down from the meteor was from the 1970s according to the scientist guy in the movie. i assumed this is why the movie went into 70s mode , music/acting/travolta etc when spiderman got infected by the goo.

and I don't see why you would be expecting a comic book movie to not have conveniences or unrealisitc plot elements. you had a problem with the fact that the photographer and spiderman were in the church at the same time? I can't wait to hear your reaction on how sandman came into existence. or how the goo just happened to land near peter parker's pimp pad and no one else, despite there being like 7 billion people it could have landed next to. i think you need to rework your expectations for this kind of ****ing movie........

where is MRT144? that guy is so full of crap

Comment

Working...
                                X