Any fellow cyclists here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fellow cyclists here?

Just bought myself a nice bike. Its about 800$ cdn in stores, but I got a great deal. I got it at cost price: 499$. And yes, its new. I received it today by mail. I took it at a bike shop and they'll assemble it for me for about 40 bucks. Can't wait to try it out! Montreal is a cyclist-friendly town, too.

Its a hybrid, a Louis Garneau Urbania Sport. I'm not knowledgable about all this, but here are the highlights:

- Aluminium frame
    - Carbon wheels (IIRC)
    - Disk brakes (What next? ABS? )
    Last edited by Nostromo; May 2, 2007, 02:18.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

I have a Koga Miyata Granracer 2000, which is a racing bike, but I haven't had the opportunity to ride on it this year yet.

Comment

I got a beaten 4 year old mongoose. Never failed me.
      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I bike 4 miles to work, out of neccessity rather than any great joy in the hobby.

Comment

I don't even have a driver's license, so yeah, I bike a lot.
          Always buy them second hand though, usually sets me back about a 100€. I'm actually waiting for someone to steal my current one as it is starting to fall apart.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I bought a Trek Portland commuter road bike about a half year ago.

Disc brakes, carbon wheels, aluminum frame. I was worried about the disc brakes when I bought it, but once they wear in, they're pretty nice.

Washington is very cyclist friendly. There's a 20 mile trail down to Mount Vernon, a 45 mile trail in Virginia, and a 20 mile Rock Creek Park trail.
            Last edited by DanS; May 2, 2007, 08:33.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yup

I have two bikes

My GIant TCR2 is a road racer thats about 6 years old. Its an aluminum frame with a carbon seatpost and carbon front fork and Shimano "105" set. Its a lot of fun but I never commute on it due to theft risk (and the fact that the best bike trails to work involve some off pavement sections)

My mountain bike is also a Giant -- a 10 year old "Iguana" with a chromalloy frame and lower-end gear ( no shocks at all for instance)on it that I use commuting sometimes-- IT serves the purpose--
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I want to ride my bicycle
                I want to ride my bike
                I want to ride my bicycle
                I want to ride it where I like

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I was worried about the disc brakes when I bought it, but once they wear in, they're pretty nice.
                  Why? They were braking too abruptly?
                  Last edited by Nostromo; May 2, 2007, 15:53.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Riding on bicycles too much

cuts off the circulation in your perineum and leads to impotence.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

That sounds bad.

How much is too much?
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I used to 20 or 30 miles each weekend, but my bike's all rusty now from being on my balcony for two years
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                          That sounds bad.

How much is too much?
                          I call BS.

But if its true, it must take a lot. And there are bicycle seats specially designed for men, IIRC.
                          Last edited by Nostromo; May 2, 2007, 16:34.

Comment

Re: Riding on bicycles too much

Originally posted by pchang
                            cuts off the circulation in your perineum and leads to impotence.
                            So THAT'S the reason.
                            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

You're impotent, Saras? That sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X