Whiney liberals attack hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
      I think it is just a bit of seal clubbing away from perfection.
      I thought the whole Asher/Tingkai thing provided that.

Comment

OMG CAN YOU TELL HE IS FROM QUEBEC????

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

This really infuriates me.

Shane Doan was investigated and cleared. People who know him say he never even swears. The linesman misidentified who said the comment -- the NHL says it was not Shane Doan who said it.

Shane Doan is named captain of the team about two years later. Frog "language police" MP wants Doan not to be captain. He continually ignores the fact that Doan's been cleared. He then proceeds to waste valuable House of Commons time and taxpayers money whining about making someone else captain because THE FRENCH ARE UPSETTT THE FRENCH ARE UPSET. **** off.

Doan has been ruled innocent, **** off and die you French ****s.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
            I thought it was an almost perfect canadian thread, combining hockey and canadian politics.

I think it is just a bit of seal clubbing away from perfection.

Jon Miller
            well now that you mention it, I hear that Shane Doan now wishes to club some Quebec Bloc MPs

Does that count ?
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              This really infuriates me.

Shane Doan was investigated and cleared. People who know him say he never even swears. The linesman misidentified who said the comment -- the NHL says it was not Shane Doan who said it.
              THat my view

So unless an allegation of impropriety is enough to disqualify people from Hockey Canada captaincy, I don't know why this is even a "thing"
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

In another brilliant piece of mixing hockey and politics:

The Globe and Mail Sports section provides sports news, post-game analysis, in-depth features and video on Canada's teams. Find breaking sports news on baseball, football, basketball, hockey, soccer, tennis, golf, the Olympics and more.

Bring pro hockey back to Winnipeg: Manitoba Tories
                Canadian Press

WINNIPEG — Manitoba's provincial election campaign has turned its attention to hockey with the Conservatives promising to bring the NHL back to Winnipeg.

Standing alongside former Winnipeg Jet Thomas Steen, Tory Leader Hugh McFadyen said he'll work with the private sector to bring back the team, who left Manitoba a decade ago.

McFadyen won't say how much taxpayer money he'd be willing to put up, but says the government could follow Manitoba Hydro's example and raise money by issuing bonds.

He also says he would consider a special lottery to raise money as well as a players tax similar to one implemented in Alberta at one time.

The Tory leader says an NHL team would make Manitoba more attractive to young people and help stem the tide of university graduates who leave for Alberta.

Yes, clearly young people only leave Winnipeg in search of an NHL hockey team.
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Standing alongside former Winnipeg Jet Thomas Steen, Tory Leader Hugh McFadyen said he'll work with the private sector to bring back the team, who left Manitoba a decade ago.

empty political promise-- its like "worrking hard to attract investment"-- it sounds good but means nothing

He also says he would consider a special lottery to raise money as well as a players tax similar to one implemented in Alberta at one time.
                  Ya-- that works-- In a salary cap environment, you want to have the HIGH taxes on players -- cause y'know that helps attract the players

The Tory leader says an NHL team would make Manitoba more attractive to young people and help stem the tide of university graduates who leave for Alberta.
                  Ya thats it and not the high pay and good jobs---

But an NHL team would have a number of corollory jobs and would likely have great spin-off for hotels, restaurants and bars. And it does make a city seem more "major league" (relatively speaking) so they may hope to get on more radar screens.

Comment

Move the Oilers to Winterpeg.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X