No announcement yet.

Whiney liberals attack hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephanie Dion may be whiny, but what about Celine Dion? She is clearly a national hero ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      Stephanie Dion may be whiny, but what about Celine Dion? She is clearly a national hero ...
      Low blow!
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Low blow!
        He's clearly referring to Quebec's national hero. They have their own national assembly for a reason.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hockey Canada summoned over captain

May 01, 2007 04:29 PM
          Canadian Press

OTTAWA – Hockey Canada officials are being summoned by a parliamentary committee to explain their choice of Shane Doan as captain of the national team at the IIHF World Hockey Championship.

The Conservatives, Liberals, and NDP supported a Bloc Quebecois motion that demands officials from Hockey Canada and Sport Canada appear before the House of Commons' Official Languages Committee.

At issue is an alleged derogatory remark by Doan toward a French-Canadian referee during a game in 2005. The Phoenix Coyotes forward has denied making any slurs and was cleared by the NHL.

A committee clerk said two federally funded – but arm's-length – bodies are being asked to appear Thursday.

Oh, sweet jesus....
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

This could be funny. And yet...
            What?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Hockey Canada summoned over captain

May 01, 2007 04:29 PM
              Canadian Press

OTTAWA – Hockey Canada officials are being summoned by a parliamentary committee to explain their choice of Shane Doan as captain of the national team at the IIHF World Hockey Championship.

The Conservatives, Liberals, and NDP supported a Bloc Quebecois motion that demands officials from Hockey Canada and Sport Canada appear before the House of Commons' Official Languages Committee.

At issue is an alleged derogatory remark by Doan toward a French-Canadian referee during a game in 2005. The Phoenix Coyotes forward has denied making any slurs and was cleared by the NHL.

A committee clerk said two federally funded – but arm's-length – bodies are being asked to appear Thursday.

Oh, sweet jesus....
              wow-- Hopefully they can end this by saying that they investigated and found no evidence

Its though because he could be as sexually explicit as he wants and tell an opposing player where to shove various parts of his anatomy-- but insult a French guy watch out

This should not be occupying the legislature of the country but I understand why the Conservatives did not want to be on the losing side of a vote on this thing
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

More whiney French liberals.

French-Canadians aren't French...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Shane Doan is a captain of Team Canada?

Is that the best we can do?

Why isn't Crosby playing?
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

This should not be occupying the legislature of the country but I understand why the Conservatives did not want to be on the losing side of a vote on this thing
                    So can I. Votes are more importantant than principles to Steve these days. Especially in Quebec.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      One hero, many heroes.

That is all
                      Thanks
                      Blah

Comment

So can I. Votes are more importantant than principles to Steve these days. Especially in Quebec.
                        hmmm-- it was an all-party resolution right?-- If everyone is on the same side of it, none of the parties can get slammed for it. If Harper had opposed this

1. he would highlight his impotence when he was outvoted
                        2. he would have to face the " why do you support Quebec-haters" type question, and
                        3. He would have gained a little respect from me for being willing to unpopular positions just as he gained a little when he made the income trust decision
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

So what you are saying is that Steve is no different than the PM's and politicians before him? Nothing new to see here.

Comment

So what you are saying is that Steve is no different than the PM's and politicians before him?
                            More so than I had hoped. He doesn't have that smug sense of entitlement that the prior PMs exuded nor do I think that he is as corrupt ( not been power long enough to establish the longstanding Liberal corruption anyway)

I had hoped for more principled stands on issues since personally I will vote for someone that I view as having integrity even if I disagree vehemently on an issue of two. BUt the Conservatives have decided to play the Liberals old game of standing for as little as possible in the view that strong positions can lose you votes.

He's so busy not "being scary" . . .. I have been disappointed a little the last few months

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
                              Shane Doan is a captain of Team Canada?

Is that the best we can do?

Why isn't Crosby playing?
                              Broken foot.

And Doan has excellent leadership skills. We've already established you do not know what those are.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                                BUt the Conservatives have decided to play the Liberals old game of standing for as little as possible in the view that strong positions can lose you votes.

He's so busy not "being scary" . . .. I have been disappointed a little the last few months
                                I understand the game he's playing. I suspect if a strong leader with real integrity were to come along the amount of support such a leader would gain would be surprising. I'm not the only one fed up with "politics as usual". Steve told us he was this man and we granted him a minority government to prove it. Since coming to power he has demonstrated anything but integrity (I won't threadjack with the lengthy list of facts that support this position).

The income trust issue however is a great example. You see his backpedalling as integrity whereas I take the issue a little further back to when the promise was made. One of two things wre true at that time: 1) Steve made a promise knowing he couldn't keep it, or, 2) Steve made a promise he should have known he could not keep. Either way it was a failure of leadership.

I'm not a conservative basher. I voted for the party last time out on the promise of something different in Canadian politics and have been terribly disappointed in this leader and this party's performance since then. We are looking at the new incarnation of the old Progressive Conservative party (mushy middle, not standing for anything). We already have the Liberals for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X