Eastern News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern News

This thread is supposed to be a way of acknowledging You with stuff going on in C/E Europe, and especially Poland. I will be updating it.

1) Polish gouverment continues its lustration battle and opens new and new fronts in it, forcing next and next cathegories of people into declaration if they were collaborating with communist regime. Many consider it a political action, and at least something ment to distract attention from more important questions. The senate of University of Warsaw officially protested against the lustration, supported by many others academics.
    Apart from that, there was a big protest against undemocratic ways, spoiling and misuse of law by the gouverment by the most acclaimed iurists in Poland.
    Yet, the gouverment continues its crusade for moral revolution. The problem is that it itself is troubled by some affairs. Truth is that the biggest are made by the allies of Law and Order party, not by LaO itself.
    For example, the highest leaders of Self-Defence party were forcing women to sex in exchange for work.
    Self-Defence party as well as the League of Polish Families and LaO itself are putting their own, incompetent people in offices. If there are no offices left - new ones are being created. Many of the offices required competitions for candidates etc. That is being cancelled, but Self-Defence managed to get through that obstacle as well - its letters ordering hiring certain people were discovered. Strangely, these people won the competitions later on. It is obvious that the competition rules were written in a way to assure their victory.

1,5) A. Macierewicz is a far-right wing politician. Unlike current gouverment members and supporters, who were hardly important prior to the fall of communism, Macierewicz used to be important oppositionists. But even then, his visions became more and more right-winged and more and more far from reality.
    Anyway, he was a member of J. Olszewski gouverment. Macierewicz prepared then the "List of Macierewicz". It was supposed to contain names of agents of communist intelligence, but instead, it contained all the names mentioned in the documents, both agents and their victims. He tried to bribe some people - he, f.e., proposed to a leader of one party cancelling his name from the list in exchange for support for the gouverment. Anyway, the opposition was enraged and the gouverment fell. Far-right wingers believed it was a plot by the military intelligence. Therefore, current gouverment decided to destroy them. Why? Because most of the agents studied in USSR, which, according to right-wingers, clearly indicated they are russian spies.
    The military services were disbanded just when Poland is in serious danger of terrorist attacks, as well as when it is having lots of military obligations...

2) Left-winged J.Oleksy was once one of the most popular politicians in Poland. When he was prime-minister, however, he was accused of being a russian spy. He returned to politics but was targetted with lustration this time. He was finally cleared of accusations, but when it was done, and when he announced his return, tapes featuring him, drunk, bad-mouthing all other leaders of left wing and accusing him of many crimes and "having Poland in their *******s", as well as stating that extremly popular ex-first lady had "too many liftings" etc, miraculously got out from prosecutor's office. Of course, the gouverment and its supporters firmly believe in drunkard accusations of someone just months ago they believed to be both polish-communist and russian spy

3) One of the most popular people in the gouverment is mr Ziobro. He is a young prosecutor that got popularity accusing during Lew Rywin crisis (too long to explain; what is important was that he kept accusing left wing of many crimes without real backing). He likes to back his claims on testimonies of crooks who, in exchange for lesser punishment, will fraim anyone he likes. He likes spectacular actions as well. One of them featured arresting of reknown heart surgeon, and claiming "this guy will never kill anyone again". It turned out the accusations were wrong, but thanks to that action, the number of transplantations in Poland shrinked considerably, because surgeons are afraid of being accused of a mistake or making harm to someone on purpouse.

Anyway, another spectacular action was supposed to be arrests of the "coal mafia". One of the leaders of it was miss Kmiecik. As she admits, as she was arrested, the possible participation of the left-wing politicians in the coal mafia was what interested the services the most. When they arrested her for the third time, as well as arrested her sister etc, in exchange for lesser or no punishment, she testimonied against some of them, including her long-time friend, miss B. Blida.
    B. Blida was one of the most popular politicians of my, Upper Silesian, region. She used to get the most votes of all the parliamentarists in the region. She was a parliamentarist for 16 years, and Minister for Construction and Spatial Management in three consecutive gouverments. During last elections, new, young, leader of the left-winged SLD wanted to get rid of the old guard, so he sent her and the others on mission impossible (due to low support for the party)- candidacy to the upper house of the parliament. She got 80 thousand votes, but failed. She was already moving apart from SLD, which she kept accusing of neglecting Silesian interests. She was known for calling former pm and leader of the party "a dick", for example. Yet, she was a successful buisenesswomen, president of one of the biggest real-estate development companies in Poland.
    The agents came at 6am, as if she was a dangerous criminal. They were supposed to search her house. At first the ministry denied she was supposed to be arrested, later it was admitted - but only because others were arrested the same day.
    One of the officers had a camera and filmed the beginning of the action. Officially - for documentation and training purpouses... Also, just one day before, gouverment-controlled tv broadcasted a program about the coal mafia. What a coincidence.
    Anyway, miss Blida commited a suicide when she was in a bathroom. It is obvious the action was ****ed up, because the officers didn't care if the gun was present and left her alone in the bathroom.
    The accusations towards her weren't new. She denied them as obviously false and claimed she will fight in the court. I wouldn't be suprised if some of them were true, especially that it was in early 90s and at this point, hardly anyone thought such stuff was wrong. Yet, some claim it was a spontanous decision due to stress or whatever. While Blida wanted to act like a strong women, she was remembered f.e. to burst in tears during one of the buiseness discussions, when things weren't going her way.
    Kmiecik testimonied Blida was accepting gifts from her - clothes and perfumes, but allegedly also a car. Kmiecik claims she also recived presents from her - they were friends. There were rumors about that Kmiecik supported the building of her house, but Kmiecik said it was a legal, written deal - in exchange for the money, she could use the house. Also, she was accused of transfering a bribe to someone else, but she didn't took money for herself.
    The High Lawyer Council issued a statement in B. Blida's case, condemns "abuse of power" by the gouverment.
    The parliament commemorated her with a minute of silence, and the opposition attacks the gouverment wildly due to that. The marshall of the parliament was just being elected, and this case made mr Wasserman, the ministry of internal affairs, lose any chances of getting the job.

Mr Wasserman "water=man" in english is reknown for
    his bathtub. His bathtub allegedly contained a defect, which made electricity run through it. Therefore, he didn't pay the workers for it. Elderly mother of one of the workers called him a thief, so he, a minister of internal affairs, called her to the court and forced her to apologise. Later on, he claimed that the bath-tub affair was an attempt of assassinating him by his political opponents
    If You think chasing grandmas is silly, think of our prime minister or president, I don't know. A drunk homeless guy, when bothered by the police for sixth time a day or whatever, called our evil twins names in presence of the policemen. So he was called for the court. The police was chasing him for month or more, but finally he was cought and punished for his hideous crime
    Attached Files
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Is it possible you're only posting this because you hate Jews?
    Last edited by Sirotnikov; April 28, 2007, 18:54.

Comment

Oh yes, the new marshall of the parliament is recently converted to catholicism atheistic Jews.
      Middle East!

Comment

Uncle Tony wants YOU to join Britains construction industry
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If Uncle Tony needs more ways of killing poor Britons than sending them to Iraq, well, I guess he's found one...
          Middle East!

Comment

Ewww, no one over here wants to do those icky jobs...but they're perfect for you!
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Plus we have inflation not even in double digits but in single digits! You'd like it
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Poland now has 2% inflation or so, and a couple of years ago we had to fight deflation... :P
                Middle East!

Comment

I know

My joke is more aimed at Russia than anywhere
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Polish news
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Polish news:

Lots of Polish craftsmen flooding Norway as usual after the EU enlargement.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

But Norway isn't in the EU?
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Did anyone bother to read this? These are serious matters. A popular opposition politician commits suicide in strange circumstances, police and other services are giving different testimonies...
                          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            But Norway isn't in the EU?
                            No, but it doesn't matter. We have been in an agreement since 1994 that gives us mutual access to eachother's market, in addition to making us accept virtually any law the EU passes. Without us having any influence on the EU though.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Norway is EU vassal
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X