Why is white bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is white bad?

I think I got sunburned today. I didn't want to. I wasn't tanning (I had long pants on because it was cool), but my arms got a little burned. I get burned easily up in higher elevations. And I was up in the mountains today.

But I do need a tan. And even though I think it's a stupid cultural thing, I have to agree they do look better. Why do white people look so disgusting? But as I said in the other thread, they really only look disgusting outside in the bright sunlight, or in a brightly lit room. In a dimly lit bedroom when you are about to do it, it makes little difference how good a tan they have. That's the last thing I'm thinking of at that moment.

In some ways white looks unhealthy. I'm not sure why that is.

So I'll go ahead and make a poll about tans. I'm not sure what to make the poll options, but I'll figure something out. So don't complain to me about poll options.
    No tan- I'm a goth chick or dude or a ghost. whatever
    24.39%
    Light tan- looks like I've seen sun once or twice in my lifetime
    39.02%
    medium tan- regular outdoor look, but not overdone
    31.71%
    dark tan- go to the beach everyday look
    0.00%
    extreme dark tan- like that one dude from that movie
    0.00%
    I'm of some race and I cannot tan, but have natural color in my skin other than white
    2.44%
    banana colored tan
    2.44%

medium tan- regular outdoor look, but not overdone
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

While makes people look rounder too, just like white clothes.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

The "healthy look" would partly have to do with how blemishes stand out. With a tan, various darker blemeshes, any moles or freckles, blend in much better. Another aspect is that those who are active, at least in less urban environments, tend to have tans more often than those who are inactive.

---------------

I get rather dark when I tan without sunscreen, which I can do at lower elevations without getting burned. I use sunscreen all the time now though, and it limits how dark I get quite a lot. I still get a "go to the beach everyday look", since I do go to the beach everyday for about half the year, but it has more to do with the sunbleaching of my hair than how dark I get.

Most of my family burns easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
          While makes people look rounder too, just like white clothes.
          Could you rephrase this somehow? As in, what?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

White shows curves more. A heavier tan person does not look as round as a heavier pale person.

I mentioned clothes, because I would like Dis has noticed that girls in white clothes show off curves more.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Vertical lines. That's the way to slimville. Dis needs to dump all those hotizonally striped shirts. Makes him look like a soccer ball.

Comment

White didn't used to be bad. Just go back to Tudor times. Your girlfriend will smear on some nice lead makeup for you.
                The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I can't get a tan
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Chicken white, my skins basically got a vampires reaction to the sun
                    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

medium tan. i'm getting paler by the day tho.

Comment

Medium tan. Spanish spring

Comment

Getting a tan hides skin imperfections....but creates so many over the years....

Spec.
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Miexed: light tan on my legs (must be my hairy legs, I guess), medium tan on my torso, dark tan on my arms below the T-shirt sleeve line.
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

T-shirt sleeve line

Putting up the sleeves so as to tan the upper arm

Comment

Working...
                              X