No announcement yet.

Damn it, opportunity presented itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pastor at church likes the movie Forrest Gump, and he pointed something out to me that I never noticed before. Throughout the whole movie all the people around him are talking about their destiny this, their destiny that, yaddayaddayadda. Lt. Dan is suppose to die in war, but doesn't. Bubba is suppose to become a shrimper, but doesn't. The blonde chick is suppose to become some famous chick, but doesn't... The only person who never concerns themselves with their fate or destiny is Forrest. He ignorantly follows god's plan, and in the end, has an extrodinary life. Like the feather at the end/beginning of the movie, you go where god directs you. People always think life is hard... not always, not if it's god's will that you have this or that. The opportunity is there because it's meant to be there. Chance only favors the prepared mind, as Pastuer would say. However, it only benefits the willing.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

No, the opportunity exists because I was tipped off, because someone liked my work... It is not the only opportunity, there are several. This is just one of them, but also the one that I have no clue as to how it will turn out in the end.

All my other plans will result into my buying a house in SoCal area in 5 years. That's what I WANT. Then again, this might not be the worst of choices, SHOULD I get it, this might actually turn out to be the best of them all, as in most opportunities after that. Why? Because this would validate my future research as something approved and sponsored by the only few in here who do that. This would validate me personally as someone who is going to establish themselves, as chosen by the #1 professor in the field in here, should I be chosen that is. THis would give me opportunities to speak to a lot of people, travel, write, and get my PhD at the end. Basically, this has lots of potential to actually give me the opportunity to create that bridge from academic world into that company, via high paying consulting opportunities into my own company with extreme success and income .

And I smiled doing it, and also gave awesome riddles to you guys while at it. Can't imagine anything better, than finally jumping from the terrace straight into the beach, after having that OJ drink made by my ex-stripper/gymnast wife.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Thanks everyone, it worked out and I'm quite happy. Everything has been more than I expected, better. This really was the thing to do, this really is what I like doing. I love this job. EVerything is sweet

Thanks people for your encouragement! Needed a little kick to go for it, have the balls to carry it out.

In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Best of luck, Pekka. Glad it worked out so well.
          Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 19, 2007, 09:36.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

crap... I was just feeding Pekka a load of bullocks, I really thought he'd fall flat on his face

oh well
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Don't do it. It's too much work and you're lazy. They'll never accept you...

Oh wait. Too late.

Congrats Pekka!
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yeah yteah, just wanted to bump this one because I really was not sure, I wanted to apply but I guess I thought I would never make it (not meeting the minimum requirements at the time).... had to make that decision fast, within few days. Glad I did, glad everyone supported and said go for it.

This is where I'm making my first mark so.. it means a lot. Plus, I cut one year off basically, took a short track, so this has all benefited me a lot personally. NOt only do I like my job, I look forward going there in the morning. I don't mind reading or writing about things, I don't even separate my own time and work time, because my previous "hobby" is now my job. Couldn't have worked out any better, now the only thing missing is money. I will fix this after my gig here ends. Maybe I will coem to your dirty American country even for that gig.
                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                X