No announcement yet.

Mindmaps are silly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude, I'm not talking about documenting something or making models here.. that's still useful.

But mindmaps, as in very generic stuff. THat's just a messy display of something that should be easy. So why not make easy notes?

And the 3D is the visualization part, the actula information is still embedded in these objects and that's not 3D. Stop making me look like a champion, I'm actually superior being with extremely functional memory processing
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

OK, I do understand that for some people these work and the idea is that they're finding techniques to memorize stuff and this would beat reading a book well enough.

But that's like people taking the golf kart on a beautiful day in golf course. Or buying bottled water.

*OMG OUR WATER IS DIRTY E3ijtq! THE DSITANCES ARE LONG IN GOLF CDOUSRE!

What ever, break a knee and a longue. Draw a mindmap.

In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Adalbertus
        Seriously, even if your brain is organised 3D, you are poor. The mathematically proper description is probably some sort of metric space, and if you do not want to have no crossing links, you will need a lot of dimensions.
        If you want to talk math, then get it right.

For starters, you are talking about "links" so all you need is a graph, not a more general metric space.

Also, any graph can be embedded in Euclidean 3-space without crossing links, so that's not a reason for needing many dimensions.
        Last edited by Lul Thyme; April 24, 2007, 11:19.

Comment

You connetc them via jokes and smells? That mindmap smellf of child molestation?

Pekka my friend you should learn to respect the thinking and use the language of non-synaesthetic people.

Comment

It looks like a picture I remember from an abnormal psychology textbook I once read. The picture was of doodlings drawn by a schizophrenic patient. Why are they teaching schizophrenia in our high schools. This country has no deficit of loonies, we don't need to try to create more.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Our government is worried that loneliness will plague the "me" generation as they'll be too self-obessed to tolerate one another. Therefore, they see schizophrenia as the logical solution.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X