Mindmaps are silly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindmaps are silly

They are. When ever I see a person who starts drawing a mindmap, I know I'm not going to like them too much in professional context if we have to cooperate .

I mean.. it's not really their fault I guess. Or mine. My memory does not work like that, studying mindmaps. I'd rather have organized charts. Mindmap IS a chart, except drawn exceptionally poorly, like someone just used their other hand instead of the default one. Did that help?

I already have a 3D-map in my head if I study the chart. I go from point to point to another layer, and all the groupings have their own association, be it a joke, smell, a song, what ever it is, but something that came naturalyl when thinking about it. THis way, a person can remember a whole lot and not forget it, plus access everything when ever needed... Why would a mindmap help, if a person needs that to access their kind of image memory or something, you know, why not settle for well done charts? Why do a messy mindmap?

That's like when english speaking people go abroad and start talking bad english as some kind of a new language You know, what is the point? Mindmaps are for librul artists, and their inferior minds.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

HE SPEEKS DA TROOF!
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

LIke here's on example..

So clear...

I mean, this is a great example of some mindmap mistakes, which is making very messy connections. It's totally backwards and smells of child molestation, for example, I myself like to go with the connections more. Something connects the other thing. They are connected. You know, but these mindmap making inferior subbies like to just... draw. And that's because they have dull minds, that is, they can't sit down and access their own minds. They're idiots and can't be trusted.

If I hear another "I can show you my mindmap" to a question of "so what is your idea?", you know, I'll prolly tell them to die in that very moment.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

God hates mindmaps and Sparta would ban them.
        In da butt.

Comment

what is this ****
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Ignore it, and it will go away.
            be free

Comment

so why is your mom still here? I tried to imagine her away. GAAAAAAAH!

In da butt.

Comment

WTF is a mindmap?
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Pekka....I think you underestimate the mindmap's importance to the thought processes of the person drawing the map
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I switched out of Spanish 3-4 into Life Skills class for a semester. We spent the entire semester drawing mindstorms (mindmaps by a stupider name) instead of, you know, learning life skills. I died a little more each day...
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                      WTF is a mindmap?
                      guess I'll have to wiki it.

Comment

I think Pekka should edit the Wiki entry to say that mindmaps are for idiots who can't string a few thoughts together.

Comment

I once tried to learn mindmapping but drawing those felt so goofy that I gave it up. Normal notes

Comment

Asmodean, hmm ok, I'd agree with you there. Yes sir, it could be helpful when you're doing it. But that's it!

Trade off for being an idiot drawing mindmaps, can't take that.

SOme people, you know what they do? They draw these maps, put them on the floor and 'travel'. LIke jump into different papers, how stupid is that? That's a sign you have serious difficulties reading. It's OK if you have problems reading, it's just that when you don't, why'd you do that?

NExt rule is you have to do it naked and wearing a little nazi helmet. Would make it more interesting.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Pekka, the example shown should be the first stage. The next is to run a PCB layout software over it.
                              Seriously, even if your brain is organised 3D, you are poor. The mathematically proper description is probably some sort of metric space, and if you do not want to have no crossing links, you will need a lot of dimensions.

On the other hand, it is an important skill to reduce dimensionality, because communication is not 3D or 2D, but 1D. I once tried to learn something from a very intelligent person, who failed in exactly this point. Hard job.
                              Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Working...
                              X