Group Blames Yahoo For Imprisonment, Torture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaShi

Actually, I don't use Yahoo for anything.
    im glad to see you represent everyone
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144

im glad to see you represent everyone
      Ah, so your argument is that everyone must not use Yahoo in order to say that it has negative publicity? Or are you just being a fool?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yahoo followed the law that they are subject to. It is important, when discussing this issue, that you recognize which laws it has to follow.
        about 150 years ago it was illegal to help runaway slaves, the law required reporting them to the authorities...

I was just following orders...

Comment

Quite frankly, I don't use Yahoo! for other reasons (possibly because their programmers could be replaced with retarded monkies and no one would notice).
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Sloww, there's only one comparison to make here:

If the US government requested Yahoo to turn over information on users in the US known to be affiliated with Al Qaeda, would you expect Yahoo to comply?
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Rufus
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

AQ = Chinese dissidents ?

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                  AQ = Chinese dissidents ?
                  To the Chinese government, probably.
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis

To the Chinese government, probably.
                    Exactly.
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                    X