No announcement yet.

What is better than the Xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the **** can a student afford a 42" HDTV? Is Verto a spoiled brat?

He probably split the cost with his boyfriend roommate.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Juicy gossip! Do you know something we don't know? The inquiring mind wants to know.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Let's just say when I played XBL with him I heard some giggling, and later on some discussion about china (and I don't think it was the country).
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Re: Re: What is better than the Xbox 360

Originally posted by nostromo

Its a decent budget TV set.

How the **** can a college student afford a 42" HDTV? Is Verto a spoiled brat?
          Used the bulk of my tax return on it

Anyway, yeah, the same model that Asher owns. It is only an added bonus that the TV has fantastic specs.

Comment

If only I had $1000 for a TV

Then I'd just buy a 24" or 27" LCD computer monitor and hook it to Beyond TV
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Why use Beyond TV when you can use Sage?
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

If this thing is $1000, why not get it?

It's a 42" LCD monitor...

Comment

My monitor is 1920x1200. What resolution does it give? I Admit that if it gives 1920x1050 (or whatever the 1080i is?) then it is probably a pretty good deal (just stuck it up on the whole a ways away).

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

1920x1080 (16:9 ratio)

Comment

Asher, are you using the Xbox VGA cables?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Did you ever use the included component HD cables? IMO, the text seems a little blurry and I'm wondering if this is partially due to the component cables. I'm still messing around with the settings (my remote, or its batteries, are faulty, so that takes some time). I'm just wondering what kind of improvement you noticed, assuming you had experience with both? Also, is your VGA cable plugged directly into the TV?

Comment

What is better than the Xbox 360

An Xbox 360 hooked up to a new 42'' HDTV. This model to be exact.
                            One hooked up to a 51" HDTV, like mine.

Samsung DLP. It is also my computer monitor.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

DLP sucks.

I bet it's also not 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                                Did you ever use the included component HD cables? IMO, the text seems a little blurry and I'm wondering if this is partially due to the component cables. I'm still messing around with the settings (my remote, or its batteries, are faulty, so that takes some time). I'm just wondering what kind of improvement you noticed, assuming you had experience with both? Also, is your VGA cable plugged directly into the TV?
                                Yes, it's plugged directly in.

The text on the 360 is slightly blurry in general on the dashboard. It's always been that way for me on all HDTVs, I'm not sure why. Component or otherwise.

The differences between VGA and component? They have different colour calibration levels (dramatically so). When people switch from component to VGA they usually complain about "washed out colours"...just tweak the video settings to fix it.

You can't get HD DVD in 1080p (just 1080i), or DVDs upscaled to 1080p (just 480p), with component...but games work in 1080p with component.

I strongly suggest you tweak the settings. Usually the backlight setting is way too high, and washes out a lot of the darks.

Comment

Working...
                                X