No announcement yet.

MP3 Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On an mp3 player with inexpensive earbuds he won't be able to tell the difference between 192 and 128.

Comment

Buy decent headphones, then. I have no fun listening to music with the ****ty earbuds my iPod came with.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Why would you want to walk around in public wearing headphones?

Comment

Because they sound good. I probably wouldn't wear normal-sized headphones in public. But they sell smaller headphones for portable players. For example, I have Sennheiser PX-100's. They sound great, they're fairly discreet and you can even fold them, like sunglasses.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Thanks, Kuci and Nostromo.

Kuci, I'm betting you knew lots of people at VT. Everyone ok?
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Re: MP3 Players

Originally posted by Apocalypse
              I need a new one. Preferably one with a lot of memory but you can still run with it on.
              Then only a flash player will do.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                Thanks, Kuci and Nostromo.

Kuci, I'm betting you knew lots of people at VT. Everyone ok?
                AFAIK. 30-40 of my classmates went there (out of 400), but none of them were personal friends.

If it were at UVA I would've been really worried, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  The reason the 8GB are the price of a 30GB is because the 8GB are flash. That's much, much better for running, and more durable.
                  Yeah, no moving parts where as the hard drive players have tons of moving parts each one of which can get jarred or screwed up. Flash is where it is at.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I used to use my IRiver IHP140 (40GB) because it has such a huge capacity. But it also weighs a ton and is big and chunky. On a recent trip to Sydney I bought the new 2nd generation Ipod Shuffle and I haven't looked back since. They are really small and can clip onto your clothes which is excellent for exercising. It doesn't have a radio and can only fit about 250 songs on it but I think this is sufficient for everyday use like bus/train rides, exercising, shopping at the supermarket.
                    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
                    Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Actually, you could try the IRiver S10. This is just as small as the ipod (but possibly not as sturdy) but also has FM radio and a colour display screen.

check this webpage out
                      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
                      Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                      X