Why can't I keep my mouth shut?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid

As to your question, I'm not sure why you spoke up.I wasn't there so I don't know how objectionable the comments were. Perhaps you were so outraged at some slur or whatnot.

But given your job situation and the need for a good reference it might have been a time to smile politely and nod absently
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

You could always apologize.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
        You could always apologize.
        True -- but its tough because from the way he portrays things he didn't say anything ofensive or insulting to the boss except to tell her she lacks compassion. Its tough to take that back when it sounds like it was fundamentally true. And the diaper comment is true for everyone. We do not know when or if it could happen to us
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Yes, but it seems the forum isn't.
          The solution is obvious. Put laxative in her coffee.
          Last edited by Cyclotron; April 16, 2007, 18:28.
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

And feed her stuff with olestra.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

or feed her girl scout cookies!

Comment

or ignore her!

Oh. Too late.
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                  or feed her girl scout cookies!
                  Oh, the ol' girl scout cookie trap. Doubly effective!
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Your boss was being an idiot and what you did was admirable Kid, very Pekka of you. Beitch needs to stop teasing people.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

True -- but its tough because from the way he portrays things he didn't say anything ofensive or insulting to the boss except to tell her she lacks compassion. Its tough to take that back when it sounds like it was fundamentally true. And the diaper comment is true for everyone. We do not know when or if it could happen to us
                      It's not that difficult. Just say that your sorry if you were out of line with that comment, and that you didn't mean any offense. Or some BS like that.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Not even compassion, but respect.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

What is it with all you people and you **** jobs where you are slaves?
                          I've done quite a few jobs including some ****ty ones (selling popcorn in a cinema, etc..) and I've never had a job where I would have to bend over and shut up instead of contradicting my boss about something dumb he said, specially if it wasn't work related.

Comment

I can't believe no one has asked this yet:

Why was a women with dementia:
                            1) compelled to work; and
                            2) considered employable?
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                              I can't believe no one has asked this yet:
                              I haven't asked it because it's not stated that the woman is an employee.
                              Lime roots and treachery!
                              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

What an ******* your boss is. I mean, the same thing happened to one of my employees last summer. What did we do about it? It was clearly an embarrasing situation, so I just told her to go home (I mean how to work, no change clothes) and not worry about it too much. After that? It was kept a secret. Stories like that, soon everyone knwos about it and laughs or something, and that's embarrasing to the person. That's like teasing people in school and spreading rumours.

I'm saying, a professional approach to this in my opinion is that you understand the situation, it was an accident, there's no reason to keep talking about it and let every one know. If it happened to me, I wouldnt' want my boss to tell about it to everyone. These things are embarrasing most of the times. A boss should be looking out for their own employee, not be like a little person who wants to spread rumours. How do you trust your boss after that? EVEN if everyone knew already, there's no point for the boss to be talking about it, keeping the discussion alive. If she wanted to say something, it's "Ok let's drop it, I'm sure it's a bit embarrasing and it was an accident so.. let's not make it a big deal". End of discussion.

You bringing it up? I don't know. But your boss seems more unprofessional to me at this point.
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X