Weird niche products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird niche products.

One of the great things about the internet is it lets small time producers sell their goods to just about any one in the world so we get exposed to niche products we'd never find in a local store. What sort of niche products you ask? I've been browsing and here's a few of my recent finds:

Did you know some guy in Venezuela is selling cheese made from the milk of beavers? Neither did I but for just $999.00 per cheese wheel you too can try beaver milk cheese. How the hell do you milk a beaver anyway?http://www.venissimo.com/store/produ...beaver-cheese/

Right now an English guy is trying to sell his apartment in Hinckley where he has rebuilt the entire bridge from Star Trek voyager. Is he an over zealous fan or some freak with a Star Trek fettish? You decide. http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=15780

A gift which every cash starved college student will love because who doesn't love those delicious Ramen Noodles? And if you love them, you'll get the Mini Noodle Stove. Just place your favorite cup of noodles over the single stove plate, and wait a couple of minutes. I have no idea how they can heat up the package without melting the styrifoam cup. http://www.uniquedaily.com/articles/TMSPTCFJJ.html

Do you like water melon but hate how it's so round? Then a Japanese company has the solution to your problems with their new square shaped watermelons. Why someone would spend years trying to figure make square water melons I don't know. http://archives.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/a...lon/index.html

I know there's more out there. Come on folks share the weirdest niche products you've found on the internet.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Then there is this lovely idea:

The "Brief Safe" is an innovative diversion safe that can secure your cash, documents, and other small valuables from inquisitive eyes and thieving hands, both at home and when you're traveling. Items can be hidden right under their noses with these specially-designed briefs which contain a fly-accessed 4" x 10" secret compartment with Velcro closure and "special markings" on the lower rear portion. Leave the "Brief Safe" in plain view in your laundry basket or washing machine at home, or in your suitcase in a hotel room - even the most hardened burgler or most curious snoop will "skid" to a screeching halt as soon as they see them. (Wouldn't you?) Made in USA. One size. Color: white (and brown).

To add realistic smell, check out "Doo Drops".

Comment

that is nasty...

erm... not worth my tagline for this one
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Ever wanted a bag made out of human skin leather? Well you can't get those but a French company by the name of "Skin Bag" now makes a simulated human skin leather bag for the lady who has everything.

A company called SkinBag creates bags which look just like human skin. The material is characterized by its creased aspect, with its wrinkle...

Comment

Re: Weird niche products.

Originally posted by Oerdin

Did you know some guy in Venezuela is selling cheese made from the milk of beavers? Neither did I but for just $999.00 per cheese wheel you too can try beaver milk cheese. How the hell do you milk a beaver anyway?http://www.venissimo.com/store/produ...beaver-cheese/
          Wait for it... wait for it...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I haven't seen that sketch yet SR, thanks for posting it
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Comment

ñandu meat is good!

I need a foot massage

Comment

--"Why someone would spend years trying to figure make square water melons I don't know."

Because it's easier to put them in the fridge and stack them on display. It's not like it's a big deal to grow them, just grow it in a square container.

Wraith
                  "Don't tell me he wants to conquer the world? Can't he come up with something more original?"
                  - Lina Inverse (Slayers)

Comment

[Asher]Wii[/Asher]

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith
                      --"Why someone would spend years trying to figure make square water melons I don't know."

Because it's easier to put them in the fridge and stack them on display. It's not like it's a big deal to grow them, just grow it in a square container.

Wraith
                      "Don't tell me he wants to conquer the world? Can't he come up with something more original?"
                      - Lina Inverse (Slayers)
                      I've heard that if you just grow them in a container, they end up being significantly different.
                      Like the crust at the pressure points (where they hit the side of the container first) will be much thicker and the results aren't always great.

Comment

Oerdin, DUDE! I just saw those poo pants myself, you know how I got there? I googled 'weird underwear'. So... now we know something.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You googled 'weird underwear'?
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Have "nasty boys" finally split?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              Oerdin, DUDE! I just saw those poo pants myself, you know how I got there? I googled 'weird underwear'. So... now we know something.

Pekka.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X