can I force non-serif fonts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I force non-serif fonts?

How do I set Firefox to change everything in Times New Roman to another font?

Options -> Content -> Default Font, but you probably already know that and it only changes the default font (not "everything").

Segoe UI
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Good one, CS Major.

Figger out what ipconfig /all does yet?

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Someone needs to make a "can I force non-serf to the front?" copycat.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

LOL HOW DUMB R U
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            Someone needs to make a "can I force non-serf to the front?" copycat.
            'We would need Serb for that

I wish we had a proper Court Jester again. Pekka and Asher just aren't pulling their weight.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Too bad you don't use Opera. You can change "everything".
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                What are you, a communist?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Welcome to Internet Explorer 3.0?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There is no difference in serif and sans serif fonts in terms of readability.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

~(readability <=> aesthetics)
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It's all quite silly. There have been a lot of studies on serif vs sans serif in terms of things that matter (reading speed, comprehension, etc) and there is no difference.
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Yes there is. At smaller font sizes it's easier to read serif fonts because your eyes follow the dangly parts. Sans-serif fonts look better at larger sizes.
                          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                          New faces...Strange places,
                          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by mactbone
                            Yes there is. At smaller font sizes it's easier to read serif fonts because your eyes follow the dangly parts. Sans-serif fonts look better at larger sizes.
                            Pyke, R.L. (1926). Report on the Legibility of Print. Medical Research Council: Special Report. Series No. 10. UK.

Poulton, E.C. (1972). Size, style, and vertical spacing in the legibility of small typefaces. Journal of Applied Psychology, 56(2), 156-161.

Reynolds, L. (1979). Legibility studies: Their relevance to present-day documentation methods. Journal of Documentation, 35(4), 307-340.

disagree with you.

Comment

And with that, this thread is forever lost.
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                              X