Clear All

Carmel, CA

nice quite sea side community, overvalued homes

not to far from excitement

and you might see Clint Eastwood
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

SUre, and also, I think these communities/areas aren't so.. American, what I mean by that is that the area changes VERY QUICKLY. You see, I'm a foreigner. I don't notice these things. I see these young men dressed as gansters, I think they're just after youth fashion until I'm too far. I mean like in LA, we went by the Chinese theater to the east, we didn't even go that far from there, and that's walk of fame area, and it got totally like where the hell are we anyway. Same happened in Las Vegas, we got into some real freaking dump, I saw a real crackhoe, a pimp, and a dude with large tools fixing his car and looking us like we're totally lost. That we were.

So it's like blocks and woaah, I shouldn't be here. I don't want that kind of an environment. You see, I like to walk drunk as hell all the way from the night scene to home sometimes, and when I walk drunk, it means I don't understand anything, I can't see, my internal GPS is off and I might fall a lot. So doing that in the wrong place could be pretty stupid.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

ocean is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          Live in Pacific Beach in San Diego. You have sun, you have sand, you have a population made up entirely of 18-26 year old college students who are disproportionately female. The night life is also good and you're near to Mission bay, La Jolla, and downtown.
          News, I'm sure, to the 150,000 Sailors and 50,000 Marines.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Come to Minnesota and skip having to adapt to a new climate.

We have plenty of people of Finnish ancestry, also.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

We have plenty of people of Finnish ancestry, also.

They live in sundown towns.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

there can't be that many females, not with the large navy population there.

The problem with Norfolk, is there were at least 5 major military bases in that metropolitan area. There were absolutely no available women in that area.

Comment

What happened to your top secret government job? Did they do a background check?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I remember a "bit" done by an Norwiegian-American comedienne from Minnesota:

My ancestors left Norway, crossed oceans and mountains, rivers and forests to get to a place that was just as cold as the place they started out from. In case you don't know it, "Minnesota" is an Indian phrase meaning "Jesus H. Christ, it's cold!!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                      What happened to your top secret government job? Did they do a background check?

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

I was talking about PB.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

you don't think Sailors and Marines live there?

Comment

San Diego.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

dashi, it'll be one year from now if it works out, so I figure the next time I'll truly hear about it is in.. about 6 months or so, when I have graduated. We'll work on it right after that, should it work out. But that's 6 months MAX as an assignment, 2 months in location absolute max.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

But won't that will cut into your PhD plans, if you move to Cali.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X