Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blender Magazine have just proven once and for all that they know nothing about music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Hotel California, Freebird and Stairway To Heaven can go on the list for all I'm concerned. I'm that burned out on them.

And thus the cliches about them... they aren't bad, they're just overplayed.

"Worst ever" means they were popular enough for wide exposure and yet have something horribly lame about them that should, in a just universe, deny them such popularity.

For the songs I'm familiar with I agree whole-heartedly to their inclusion on this list.

I actually learned something. I didn't know "We Built This City" was by Bernie Taupin. How far he fell after leaving the Elton John team.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

The list is pretty much dead on, except for Europe's “The Final Countdown” which is an AWESOME song that is fit for every mood, and is especially great when you're drunk, and its the later part of a party in a club.

And the Doors' "The End" which is an excellent song to totally chill out to, and lose yourself.

The rest is spot on.

And O-bla-di-O-bla-da is probably the beatles' worst song! It is sOOOOOOOO annoying
      Last edited by Sirotnikov; April 8, 2007, 20:33.

Comment

Revolution 9 is not only the Beatles' worst song, it's quite probably the worst song of all time. No one can beat John Lennon when it comes to delivering a big "**** you" to your audience...

edit:
        The work is credited to Lennon/McCartney (as were all Beatles songs written by either composer), though it was primarily the effort of John Lennon. George Harrison, Ringo Starr, and Yoko Ono made small contributions, while Paul McCartney did not actively participate in the track's creation. Ono's avant garde influence on Lennon's songwriting and composition is clear throughout "Revolution 9." McCartney and producer George Martin fought hard to keep the track off the White Album, but Lennon and Ono won out, and the track was included as the second from last song at the end of the album's fourth side.

Yet more proof that Paul was the best Beatle.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

ok, so revolution 9 is crappy.

hardly a song actually.

o-bla-di still sucks donkey ass.

Comment

Working...
          X