This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    That's pretty good evidence that men are just better workers than women.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Die Thread Die
      “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Saying that women in general have a wider emotional range is neither positive or negative unless you import assumptions saying that having a wider emotional range is bad.
        That rather depends on the society you're brought up in.

In some it is acceptable for men to show emotions, in many others exhibiting feelings is a sign of weakness- something that 'women do'.

Which isn't meant as praise.

Exactly how did you come to the conclusion that 'women have a wider emotional range' anyway ?

How was this quantified ?

Where were the experiments carried out ?

Or is this all just wishful thinking and presumption ?

After all, male composers and painters and writers have presumably been using their own feelings and rely on evoking feelings in an audience that isn't entirely female.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          [q=Ben Kenobi]But there is nothing wrong if 95 percent of those who have a talent for nursing are women.[/q]

Problem being that there is a CLEAR social belittling of male nurses.
          My dad was a nurse for most of his working life. I don't think he go belittled much. I got belittled when kids found out when I was young though.

He complains about being desciminated against by his superiors though.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Hell, I even have a reaction to "male nurse" - automatic, negative. Not right, but it's there. The rational side of my brain reacts and stomps on it, but it's there.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Hmmm... way past 500 posts... time for part two
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X