Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here Adobe, this is my left kidney- I'm British!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    So it is OK to price it considerably differently to one market than another? It is always you yanks who are so easygoing on it when it is your nation that is ripping everyone off.
    And what is that supposed to mean? You know I am tired of people thinking they know something about Americans at this place when the reality of the matter is, they know precisely zero.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc
      What is price, exactly?
      About $200 for photoshop.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: If you live

Originally posted by pchang
        in an area where customer support costs are higher, then you should expect to pay more.

One model would be to charge a price for the product and then a support price. For simple things like end user software, this is a bit impractical so they just bundle the higher support cost into the cost of the overall product.
        It's not costumer support which is driving up the prices. You call any of the help lines and you end up talking to some poor college kid in India and not some high priced local expert.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144

And what is that supposed to mean? You know I am tired of people thinking they know something about Americans at this place when the reality of the matter is, they know precisely zero.
          Well if you're going to be a d*ck, I won't bother talking to you.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

So it is OK to price it considerably differently to one market than another? It is always you yanks who are so easygoing on it when it is your nation that is ripping everyone off.
            Yes,
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
              The solution is simple. Don't upgrade. I haven't seen any compelling need (whether I pay or not) to upgrade to CS3, any more than I see any compelling need to upgrade to Office 2007. CS2 and Office 2003 work just fine, do more than I need, and are still fully supported.
              Hehe, I still use the OEM version of Office ´97 that came with the computer I bought then...

But the only reason to upgrade (almost) is that we are forced to do it by the software companies, otherwise they'd go bankrupt. So that's why we have to pay through our noses to get someting thet's "new and improved", but in reality not really better than the previous versions. Unfortunately I don't see any alternative, this is how capitalism works...
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler

Yes,
                I say no.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                X