Windows Vista marketing 'deceived' consumers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Err... Microsoft's ads don't discuss price.
    Which must be why theyre making such a big deal about the Gates quote, no?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
      Which must be why theyre making such a big deal about the Gates quote, no?
      Which is a factually true statement. I'm sure he made clear that there were multiple versions of Vista in that interview as well, which mitigates any discussion on pricing.

Asher may be a bit harsh here (in his last post), but I'm not sure he's wrong.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Which is a factually true statement. I'm sure he made clear that there were multiple versions of Vista in that interview as well, which mitigates any discussion on pricing.

Asher may be a bit harsh here (in his last post), but I'm not sure he's wrong.
        ashers just being asher. And not adjusting for the fact that taking him on on his home turf, so to speak, is an irrestible challenge.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I would think "proper Vista" is the version that can run all the features that M$ says in its advertising are the reasons to upgrade to "Vista", and the things that set "Vista" apart from other operating systems.
          Isn't it a little absurd to be harping on about what they advertised for Vista when you admit you've never seen an ad for the product?

From the material I've seen the emphasis is on easier, safer, more entertaining, and better connectivity.

These are a blend of the features of all three versions below the loaded one. Basic has some of all of them.

Where have they misled? Perhaps you should do some research before answering.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Isn't it a little absurd to be harping on about what they advertised for Vista when you admit you've never seen an ad for the product?.
            Im not asserting the folks launching the suit are right. Im merely questioning the folks who assert that the folks launching the suit are idiots. I presume the folks launching the suit, and their attorneys, have seens the ads. The burden here is on those asserting the idiocy of the suits to explain why the ads are not misleading. Your post is the first that explains that the ads focused on general attributes, that even Vista "basic" has.

Comment

I presume the folks launching the suit, and their attorneys, have seens the ads.
              And I guarantee that the Microsoft lawyers reviewed the ads in detail before they were approved for use.
              While some companies are willing to play it loose with advertising, and take their chances, Microsoft isn't one of them.

And that's probably why they dragged some of Gates quotes into the suit as well as the whole sticker issue... because they probably don't have a case based soley on the advertising.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X