Unintentional cleverness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    ... my point was that this is the only solution, Asher.
    It's not the solution used by the author of the page being discussed.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I ate at a Jollibee when I was in the Phils.

It was the worst fast food I've had -- EVER!

Comment

Two words:

Vada Pav.

Beats any burger hollow.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

It's not the solution used by the author of the page being discussed.
          How is it significantly different than returning a stock image "you're stealing my bandwidth"?

Comment

Do you have problems comprehending what i meant by "null image?"

Code:
            touch kuci's-mom.jpg
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
              Beats any burger hollow.
              What do they got that McDonald's doesn't?
              APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

I have a Chow King (owned by the same company as Jollibee) about three blocks from my house and the food does indeed suck. I love Asian food and I even like Philippino's food when properly done, and with 1/3 of the population of my suburb Philippino I've had plenty, but Chow King just sucks ass. It is super greasy, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of flavoring or spices other then salt and grease, and most of it is bad imitations of American fast food. It isn't even cheap since they know they can charge relatively high prices to the Philippines immigrants hoping to see something from home.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  Also, anyone who puts up the right-click protection comes off as irritatingly amateur.
                  I've often wondered about that; is there some reason why people couldn't make a Firefox mod to circumvent that restriction (i.e., can the server somehow restrict data based on its intended use at the other end)? It doesn't sound likely to me, but I'm ignorant of PC workings. Or is it so easy to get around that nobody bothers to do even that much?
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

I've often wondered about that; is there some reason why people couldn't make a Firefox mod to circumvent that restriction

Comment

Ah, so it has been done. Thanks, Asher.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                        I've often wondered about that; is there some reason why people couldn't make a Firefox mod to circumvent that restriction (i.e., can the server somehow restrict data based on its intended use at the other end)? It doesn't sound likely to me, but I'm ignorant of PC workings. Or is it so easy to get around that nobody bothers to do even that much?
                        You are exactly correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          Do you have problems comprehending what i meant by "null image?"
                          I assumed it was a 0-byte image or something similar. Anyway, both cases are discrimination based on the referrer tag, which was what I was getting at.

Comment

Working...
                          X