Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Have A Man Of His Word In Your Midst. DanS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, was that cocaine use on your behalf? Do you refer to your relation to that drug as an addiciton?

Comment

I am taking bets that the current civilization will end by 2100.

Jon Miller
      (current civilzation defined as western civilzation)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144

the last setence could be taken many ways.

was the entire family on coke? were you on coke? was it your brother?
        I'll leave that to you to figure out.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
          I am taking bets that the current civilization will end by 2100.

Jon Miller
          (current civilzation defined as western civilzation)
          I bet you a million US dollars that Western civilisation will not collapse by 2100.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I always thought the world of DanS. Has always been polite, in spite of my best efforts to antagonize him.

We made a bet during football. We bet a dollar.
            Well, I was fortunate and won the bet. I told Dan I wanted that dollar nice and shiney. Here, you buy stamps and you get cahnge from the machine in dollars, assuming you have dollars being returned to you.
            I figured if I ever got it, which I was taking a wait-and-see attitude on, because a dollar bet, well you know, many would laugh it off. "Yeah. I owe you a buck.TOUGH. "

Dan didn't do that. He didn't laugh. He wanted my address and I gave it to him.

Listen to me when I tell you what came in the mail today. It was this package and I opened it. (Quite a surprise, me opening it, huh?).

Inside was this box (I opened it too), and inside this box was another box. One of those flipup kind of boxes. Small one, like special things come in (I think you know the kind I mean), like a watch, or a ring...OR a silver dollar. A silver dollar proof with a Certificate of Authenticity.

I like to have sheeit.

I don't know what to say, except what I already said; which is you have a man among you, who is a man of his word. No. Let me rephrase that statement. Beyond his word.

That, and thank you; for the class you've shown in simply paying the bet, the style in which you paid the bet, the fun of the season and and from my observation, for the example you set on a daily basis.
            Just when I thought my opinion was probably as high as it could be, this.

It is my extreme pleasure to have had my path cross your path.
            Longest post evah posted by Sloww...

Now I know why he generally keeps it short; he sounds a lot like Pekka there.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I bet you a million US dollars that Western civilisation will not collapse by 2100.

Umm... if I win I get nothing, if you win you get 1 M $...

I am pretty sure I am right, but having a bet where I can't win anything but can lose seems a bit iffy.

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

dp
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

Umm... if I win I get nothing, if you win you get 1 M $...

I am pretty sure I am right, but having a bet where I can't win anything but can lose seems a bit iffy.
                  You're the one who wanted to bet on it...

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'll take an avatar bet on that.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'll bet $1 that someone will have nuked Jerusalem by 2100.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I'll leave that to you to figure out.
                        I already know, but it was really open ended.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Longest post evah posted by Sloww...

Now I know why he generally keeps it short; he sounds a lot like Pekka there.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'll bet $1 that someone will have nuked Jerusalem by 2010.
                            Fixed
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                              I'll bet $1 that someone will have nuked Jerusalem by 2100.
                              It'll probably just be God getting fed up and dropping some fire and brimstone on them.

Comment

Hm, reading this thread got me thinking...

Actually its a pretty good sheme DanS is presenting us here: Make a small bet on a internet forum and honour it bigger than needed (ie bet 1 Dollar and than go thru extra trouble to send a silver dollar over...) to build reputation... than when all those suckers on the forum are going to believe you would also honour future (and obviously much higher) bets you cash in those you win and just let slip those you loose...
                                Having them end far in the future helps with the slipping part too... (oh, we had a bet? Wait I need to gather the money... I need just a little more time... )

Hm, the hard part is ofc to build up as much reputation as DanS on this forum, so he is known enough to have ppl. trust him... hmmmmm
                                hehe

If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Working...
                                X