No announcement yet.

Movie About Globalization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the difference is still over 50%. getting rid of the permit raj increased average GDP growth by 50%. thats huge.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
      That's why most people outside of America oppose merchandisation of education and culture.

they pay lipservice to it, and then consume it like no other. just look at the french. always *****in "americans have no culture, mcdonalds is not culture, blah blah, jeans arnt culture" and yet you wear american jeans and eat at mcdonalds like no other.

Number of McDonald's restaurants per capita:

1. America, 0.433 per 10,000
      […]
      16. France, 0.141 per 10,000

Like 'no other', eh ?

BTW, how does buying a Big Mac when you go out of a night club entails being in favor of 'merchandisation' of culture (music, film, theater) ?

most people outside of america do not oppose the merchandisation of culture because they consume so much of it. if they opposed it, france wouldnt need to try to put tariffs on hollywood films, or creat their own google book project run by the state . . .
      Who said that opposing merchandisation of culture equates not consuming any of it ?

Ask the peoples of the world — do you wish that American movies were the only ones on display ?

You'd get a resounding 'yes', wouldn't you ?

That's why we should beware of tyranny : the UNESCO convention on culture has been signed by a secret cabal of leaders that went against the wishes of their people.

Thank the US and Israel for showing the true way.
      Last edited by Fake Boris; April 4, 2007, 06:42.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• LoA: monocausal logic on the Indian economy? Last time I checked there were also geopolitical changes around 1990. Also, who's to say economic growth wasn't already on the upswing during the 80s? Those "statistics" you're citing are extremely sketchy

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva

I'm actually surprised the average growth rate before 1991 wasn't more like 3%.

And most recently, as the economy has been liberalised even more, growth has climbed well above 6.28%. It was 9.5% last year.
          BBC is reporting that everyone expects India to average around 8% for the next decade due to increased liberalization of the economy. It seems reforms do indeed work if fully implemented and given a chance.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

Thought wrong. I've always been a free marketeer though I do believe the government has an obligation to even out opportunities and improve the lives of its citizens with in reason. Thus I am a Democrat; a Clinton Democrat.
            I meant with this post specifically.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

BBC is reporting that everyone expects India to average around 8% for the next decade due to increased liberalization of the economy. It seems reforms do indeed work if fully implemented and given a chance.
              True.

They haven't been fully implemented yet, though
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Why is Fake Boris trying to speak for France? He's not French; he's some inbred hick who can't even pronounce "quinze" correctly...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• LoA: monocausal logic on the Indian economy? Last time I checked there were also geopolitical changes around 1990. Also, who's to say economic growth wasn't already on the upswing during the 80s? Those "statistics" you're citing are extremely sketchy

which geopolitical changes?
                  the biggest change was the liberalization of the indian market. period. and GDP growth since 1990, when the liberalization started, is 50% higher than in the preceding 28 years. its pretty clear that when occured in 1990 has everything to do with the increase in GDP growth.
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                  X