Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teachers not allowed to teach the holocaust anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandman
    The Israeli-Arab conflict and the Crusades are not important enough to warrant any teaching time.
    You're kidding, right?

Comment

What's so important about the Crusades? They're one series of medieval wars amongst hundreds.

In the context of the Twentieth Century, the Arab-Israeli wars are similarly unimportant. Unless you're going to devote your entire history curriculum to war (doubtless this is exactly what some societies do), you're only going to be able to give the most uninformative, cursory glaces to these subjects.

Comment

I was talking about the Israeli-Arab conflict. I'd say it's tremendously important to learn about because it's in the news so much. Presumably you want your students to be able to understand current events better.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

French unis generally suck, unless you're in medecine, or in a selective "superior school" (which generally are public).
          I don't agree. The reason people find it difficult when to move from a system to another is, simply said, that they're different and it takes time to adjust.

When I was studying in Montreal, French exchange students would always tell me that they found it difficult there, when I could BS my way out of a course with a B+, and get a sure-fire A if I worked just a bit.

When I moved to France, I started getting terrible grades, even though I worked much more than I used to in Montreal.

French universities are just fine when it comes to profs. If you're studying a soft subject, that's all you need. Of course, underfunding makes scientific studies a bit more problematic.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            I was talking about the Israeli-Arab conflict. I'd say it's tremendously important to learn about because it's in the news so much. Presumably you want your students to be able to understand current events better.
            There's modern studies for that. The Israeli-Arab conflict is over-reported anyway.

Comment

I never said it wasn't, just that something so reported ought to be given a decent treatment in school.

And we never had a "modern studies" class per se.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman

There's modern studies for that.
                It's called "Current Events class" in there here parts...

Comment

This crap is directly the results of the so-called "Multiculturalism" (which is not really Multiculturalism but Cultural Relativist, Postmodernist BS) that keeps getting pushed on Europeans.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                    This crap is directly the results of the so-called "Multiculturalism" (which is not really Multiculturalism but Cultural Relativist, Postmodernist BS) that keeps getting pushed on Europeans.
                    If you repeat that line enough, maybe it'll become true
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                    X