Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teachers not allowed to teach the holocaust anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teachers not allowed to teach the holocaust anymore?

Schools are dropping controversial subjects from history lessons - such as the Holocaust and the Crusades - because teachers do not want to cause offence, Government research has found

don't think this is a reputable news site. Then again, most British news sites aren't.

Or is this Political correctness gone mad?

and they are afraid to teach about the crusades as well.

You guys over there have gone mad. At least we aren't afraid to teach about the mexican war to our immigrants.
    Last edited by Dis; April 2, 2007, 15:46.

Kids should be exposed to facts.
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection
        Kids should be exposed to facts.
        What an un-American attitude. Next you'll say we should teach evilution in school.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

But history is liberal arts crap anyway, so nobody needs to know about it
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
            Next you'll say we should teach evilution in school.
            "In man's evilution, he's created the city
            And the motor-traffic rumble,
            But give me half a chance, and I'll be takin' off me clothes
            And livin' in the jungle."

...the Kinks' Ape Man

Comment

Daily. Mail.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Figures.

Comment

The Holocaust is taught at my school. Tons of kids take the class.

Comment

Teachers not allowed to teach the holocaust anymore?
                    Reading the article, it seems more like: "Teachers allowed to not teach the holocaust." Which is still pretty bad.
                    "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                      The Holocaust is taught at my school. Tons of kids take the class.
                      You have a class on the holocaust?

Comment

Yes. Mrs P is obsessed with it. She's the only one that teaches it and gets really really involved. It's a one trimester class.

Comment

Daily. Mail.

I still don't know how to treat the Daily Mail. Is it a generally accurate, albeit right-wing biased news source like Fox News? Or is it a news source whose stories should never be taken at face value like the Telegraph?
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It's a tabloid version of the Telegraph (If one were to take the Telegraph as a broadsheet).

Comment

I'm not really sure what the Telegraph's coverage of UK domestic news is like, though. All we see here is the coverage of Iraq, which has been pretty inaccurate...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X