Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could America's entry into ww2 have been prevented?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Could America's entry into ww2 have been prevented?

Originally posted by b etor

They wouldn't have. The US LOVES getting involved in everything.
    pre world war 2 isolationism is a revisionist fabrication?
    Last edited by Geronimo; April 2, 2007, 18:59.

Comment

I don't know what that means?

Comment

he's saying we were isolationist before ww2, which is true. I guess he saying revisionists are making up the idea that we were isolationist? That's the best way I can explain it. That maybe we were only pretending to be isolationist, when upper politicians had secret desires to make war, but weren't sure they could do so without public support.

I'd say we genuinely were isolationist up to a point. Obviously we'd sell arms to Britain and Russia to support our motives and ideals.

perhaps nations such as Japan thought we were soft because of this.

Comment

That really doesn't help me much, but thank you anyway.

My friend woke me up in theology class today
          "[b etor], did we fight the russians in the vietnam war?"
          "what the hell? no. we fought the vietnamese! russians were in ww1"
          "[b etor], are you sure?"
          "yea"

/me drifts back off to sleep.

Comment

/me cries

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              he's saying we were isolationist before ww2, which is true. I guess he saying revisionists are making up the idea that we were isolationist? That's the best way I can explain it. That maybe we were only pretending to be isolationist, when upper politicians had secret desires to make war, but weren't sure they could do so without public support.

I'd say we genuinely were isolationist up to a point. Obviously we'd sell arms to Britain and Russia to support our motives and ideals.

He asking if that was what b etor was implying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

I was trying to make sense of where she got the notion that the US loved getting involved in everything in the pre-ww2 era.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  * Kuciwalker cries

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

I was trying to make sense of where she got the notion that the US loved getting involved in everything in the pre-ww2 era.
                    that's what I figured.

I don't think they were. But as with anything, I'm sure there were a few people itching for war.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

It's clearly working on me. I'm from a staunch Irish Republican background, but I'm now under the delusion, as Ned said, that I'm a British apologist.

Quite what I'm apologising for, I have no idea.

'Are You Being Served ?' and 'The Benny Hill Show' repeats, possibly...
                      Funnily enough Ned's hatred of all things British seems to stem from him being of Irish decent.
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

* Kuciwalker cries
                        Sad, I know. Then again, I recall similar conversations... in college. And it wasn't a bad college...

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger

Funnily enough Ned's hatred of all things British seems to stem from him being of Irish decent.
                          Nah, I think that's a red herring. NYE has it right.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Isolationism is a lie, and isnt a lie

The USA was getting involved in many places before world war 2, in latin america and the philippines, but what most people mean with isolationist, is that the USA kept a distance from the issues of european powers, that is true.
                            I need a foot massage

Comment

* Kuciwalker cries
                              We need:

-crying
                              -frog
                              -vomit

smilies.

And Heresson's 500 posts back
                              Attached Files
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

we can take those 500 posts from you as you made 500 posts about the subject.

Comment

Working...
                                X