No announcement yet.

The last Harry Potter book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think she should keep going with the series killing one character in each book until there is no one left.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• That last book would be rather drab then
      Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher
        That last book would be rather drab then
        A bleak sun rose in a grey-orange sky. Its feeble rays washed over the dust-covered castle.

"Hello?" called out Nearly Headless Nick. "Hello??"

"Anybody answer?" asked the Bloody Baron, floating ghostlike nearby.

Nearly Headless Nick shook his head, causing it nearly to fall off. "No. I think they're all finally dead."

The Bloody Baron grunted. "About time. So... Let's go into Hogsmead and get drunk."

Sir Nicholas shrugged. "I can't think of anything of better to do." The two bored ghosts floated off down the hall, out the door and towards the long-abandoned town.

The End.

Comment

• Can't wait for the movie.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• There's a problem with that essay.

It posits that since Voldemort can possess Nagini, Nagini must be one of the horcruxes.

However, the writer has conveniently forgotten that Voldemort also possessed Harry at the end of Book 5.

By the writer's own logic, Harry must therefore be a horcrux.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I don't think being able to posses someone/thing necessarily qualifies it as a horcrux. There was a spell, which is escaping me right now, that they talked about that made another do what they wanted, and was considered one of them unforgivable curses... why not just had use oneof them? Nagini, being a snake, too, might just be attributed to his pasletongue ability, which may also play into why he could control Harry.

Personally, I think Harry is a Horcrux though. Nagini? Maybe, maybe not. I've learned not to expect, and just to enjoy. That comes with being a dad.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

• He wasn't just controlling him, though, not the way we've seen with other instances of that curse. Voldemort's voice came from Harry; he taunted Dumbledore into killing Harry, because that is where Voldemort was at that moment.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher
                  .. There was a spell, which is escaping me right now, that they talked about that made another do what they wanted, and was considered one of them unforgivable curses...
                  You're thinking of the Imperius Curse.

Comment

• Take the Harry Potter test to find out how much you know about the series. Just 3.5 weeks left now before we all get to read the final book.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• You got 9 of 10 questions correct!
                      Your ranking: Hogwarts Professor

Damn, that useless trivia does build up.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Just imagine what you could have stored in it's place.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X