Europe- The Atheist continent!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandman
    I can easily say no because the demographic shift you are proposing is impossible. It's expounded by ideologues with a vested interest in denigrating Europe, concentrating on a continent's worth of anecdotes and cherry picked statistics.
    Yes, Europe will suck for completely unrelated reasons. Such as the fact that it's Europe.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
      I can easily say no because the demographic shift you are proposing is impossible.
      Wow, impossible. Thanks, you certainly overwhelmed me with evidence there.

This debate is useless and depressing. Let's end it here.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

If people followed that logic nobody would ever vote, since politics is useless and depresing too.
        I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

In all fairness, and without supporting any side, you didn't overwhelm him with evidence for your thesis either.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
            France, Belgium and the Netherlands will have muslim majorities within 30 years, Sweden within 50. The era of freedom of and from religion is rapidly coming to an end in these countries.
            I had never thought you were such a loon. Thanks
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

You can quote me on that. The first prediction isn't really original at all, but I reached the conclusion of the second without anyone else putting words on my mouth, so I'm more proud of that prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by ískallin
                That Icelands one is as high as 30% is rubbish.. The only ones who go to church are old people and weirdo's
                Yeah, but doesn't Iceland have the world's highest rate of weirdos?
                APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection
                  Probably, but Iceland ranks high in everything pr/capita
                  When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection
                    I don't know about that, but surely Iceland has a high percentage of old people...
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Nope, actually the youngest nation in Europe, avarage age 36.

EDIT: according to that article http://www.worldbusinesslive.com/art...iness-lessons/

On a personal note I think we have the highest number of old weirdos
                      Last edited by ískallin; April 17, 2007, 18:59.
                      When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

They are very few anyway, the total population is like a medium size city
                        I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                          France, Belgium and the Netherlands will have muslim majorities within 30 years, Sweden within 50. The era of freedom of and from religion is rapidly coming to an end in these countries.
                          Ok, let's try this in maths. Nearly 3 million of them, in a country of just over 60 million. Consider that most of them came over in the 1950's-70's, and that nearly half of them have already had their kids. You would have to assume the second and third generation will have more kids than the first generation, which umm.. isnt' going to happen.

But let's be fair, and assume our population is 10 million lower in 30 years, and thats on the high side for population reduction. Also, lets also be generous and say 2 million of those 3 million currently around start having kids right now, those 2 million muslims would have to have 12 kids each. But those 2 million aren't all women, so that makes it even harder, 24 kids per woman?

I know a few muslims, I wouldn't call them the most devout people honestly, I know 2 who will drink and smoke weed with no qualms. The sikhs are more hedonistic but hey, who's counting.

Comment

I saw the thread title and imagined some spanish, italians and irish had a good chuckle at it.

Comment

Originally posted by thesilentone
                              Ok, let's try this in maths. Nearly 3 million of them, in a country of just over 60 million. Consider that most of them came over in the 1950's-70's, and that nearly half of them have already had their kids. You would have to assume the second and third generation will have more kids than the first generation, which umm.. isnt' going to happen.

But let's be fair, and assume our population is 10 million lower in 30 years, and thats on the high side for population reduction. Also, lets also be generous and say 2 million of those 3 million currently around start having kids right now, those 2 million muslims would have to have 12 kids each. But those 2 million aren't all women, so that makes it even harder, 24 kids per woman?

I know a few muslims, I wouldn't call them the most devout people honestly, I know 2 who will drink and smoke weed with no qualms. The sikhs are more hedonistic but hey, who's counting.
                              If we presume that the rate of immigration is 0, this answer makes sense.

You're talking about UK while I was talking about entirely other countries. About the demographics of those other countries -- well, I've already read and analysed existing calculations and done some of one my own with different scenarios, thank you very much from your concerns.

For the record, I don't even think UK has a radical problem with this. Your freedom of speech, freedom of press and democratic election system have all remained stable and unmolested. If you have a surreal "what the **** is that guy talking about"-feeling in your head after this dialogue, I recommend that you take a holiday trip to the suburbs of Paris some day, it'll perhaps break some of your prejudices about the current situation. Remember to smuggle a gun with you.

Comment

Oh hey, I mentioned specific areas of Paris as an example.

Spiffor coming to imitate Iraqi Information Minister in this thread because of his ideological concerns in 3... 2... 1...

No really, just go there and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X