Let the Good Times Roll! Or, Tonight We're Gonna Party Like It's 1929

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dauphin
    The operators are just telling the machine what to write, you said in a prior post that telling someone what to do is not labour. Which is it to be?
    It's not black and white. A machine requires someone to operate it, or tell it what to do if you like. True, workers also require some management. To the extent that you are participating in the work in more than just a financing way you are working.

And is the machine performing 'labour' or not? (as opposed to being a mulitplier)
    If you expand the definition or 'labor'
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• This is silly.

Comment

• I agree actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin

You replace a secretary who was only employed to take dictation with a computer that has voice recognition software. You have now replaced her labour with a capital item that performs the same action. You could argue that without a person to dictate, no work is done, but then it would necessarily imply that the secretary was not performing labour either.
          And that folks is match.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whoha
            but then the people who's products you buy will be rich, then you'll have to steal from them.
            THE SYSTEM WORKS!
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

And that folks is match.

And that's why it's silly becuase nothing was established. This is an issue taken from a different context.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I love the qualifiers "probably" and "little." Are you going to assert that a poor person today isn't in a far better position than one 200 years ago?
                Yes. How is somebody who can barely afford food "far" better off than somebody from 1776 who could.... barely afford food?

Ok, perhaps the food you buy today is somewhat better than the food then. But come on. Are today's potatoes really a thousand times better than those of 1776?

Guess which country has been the vanguard of technological progress in the 20th century?
                The two countries that have been the leaders in technological progress in the 20th century have been the United States and...... Russia.

Hold on, let me just double check that. Yes, the United States........ and Russia, a communist planned economy.

Er, what was your point again?
                VANGUARD

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva

Like in North Korea
                  North Korea does not have low inequality of wealth. It's a feudal monarchy.

In case there is any confusion, allow me to go on record to state that, in my opinion, Feudalism is not a highly efficient economic model.
                  VANGUARD

Comment

• Guess which country collapsed because its system doesnt work.

USA or the USSR
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                      Guess which country collapsed because its system doesnt work.

USA or the USSR
                      There's still time for the USA to collapse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanguard

The two countries that have been the leaders in technological progress in the 20th century have been the United States and...... Russia.

Hold on, let me just double check that. Yes, the United States........ and Russia, a communist planned economy.

Until you state the basis of that claim, I will not agree with the statement. Are we talking commercial technologies or narrowly defining it as state financed technologies, like military technologies?
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I suppose its too late but

Originally posted by Vanguard

Alright, if food is plentiful then why does someone who earns minimum wage have to spend 40% of his income on it? Why isn't it 10%? Or 5%? Or some trivial amount?

Food is not "plentiful".
                          Obesity is at an all time historic high. Poor people are disproportionately obese.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanguard

That your assertion of Russia as a technological leader with the U.S. is absurd?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

That your assertion of Russia as a technological leader with the U.S. is absurd?
                              It was all lies perpetuated by the military industrial complex.

Comment

Working...
                              X