Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why am I only good at the sports I hate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOBIUS
    Injuries these days take so long to heal that I just simply get used to the pain - then one day weeks/months later I suddenly realise it's not hurting anymore but can barely remember what it was I injured in the first place!

Just dislocated my left little pinky on Sunday - **** knows how long that's going to take to heal properly!
    Get punched in the nose?

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by ískallin
      Im okay at soccer, pretty good at rugby(right wing) and good at cycling.
      Me too, I rarely fall over anymore.

ACK!

Comment

I'm decent at Football and basketball and Volleyball, Pretty good bowler(at times), fair at pool(never played snooker), horrible at golf.

Of all those sports, the one I like to play the most?

Golf.

ACK!

Comment

I also used to be good at rounders at primary school I must also be good at baseball.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Its a stamina sport you git
            When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Baseball? Why are they all fat cnuts then..
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

not baseball, Cycling. I should have quoted Tuberski.. Sorry

I no less than nothing about baseball..
                When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler
                  Baseball? Why are they all fat cnuts then..

Talking to a Scandinavian about fat Cnuts...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

i'm not good at basketball and baseball, but i hate those sports anyway. i've never played golf. soccer, hockey, and lacrosse are my best sports. but i'm pretty good at tennis, swimming, volleyball, football and field events too.
                    hockey tryouts are soon.

Comment

hockey

I play roller hockey for my school. We play in two leagues. I'm the President of the team. It's a club sport. One of the leagues is inter-collegiate. We play teams like Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, DePaul, Purdue and others.

Baseball... meh... I enjoy playing for fun. I don't get a chance to play as much anymore.

Football (not soccer... **** soccer) I am unstoppable with the ball and I'm ferocious on defense. I could play college football if I wanted to. But the risk of injury is not worth it.

basketball I used to shoot a lot when I was younger... now? not so much

softball

hmmm... not much else worth mentioning

dodgeball is fun, but I haven't played that in years...

I don't feel I've reached my physical peak yet. I'm starting to enter my prime. I feel like if I continue to work hard, I'll be in really great shape for another 10-15 years. Nutrition has been the most important thing for me. I was in good shape a few years ago when I was playing hockey in high school and when I was thinking of going to college and playing ice hockey, but my diet was ****.

I was reading that skills and talent aren't things we are born with. They are developed through hard work and practice over the course of many years. I would agree with this. I suck at basketball because I don't shoot hoops a lot. I'm good at hockey because I've spent years going out to rinks, skating, shooting, passing, etc... It's as simple as that.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                      X