No announcement yet.

Greatness of MMOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it is still a pretty good single play game (WOW that is), just because of the sheer amount of content.
    I would say that as such a game, it has muc more content than even Elder Scrolls type game.
    It can also be played non massive multiplayer.
    For example, me and two of my friends went through the game and did most instances at the normal level using just 3 characters.
    It was a lot of fun.

Comment

Lord of the Rings Online is looking good so far. Questing is generally better for leveling in the game than grinding, and you can do most everything in fellowships or solo (a few levels higher of course). There are a lot of the "get X of Y, get Z" quests as always, but there are the epic quests which follow a storyline and are more interesting.

The PvP is even enjoyable. Though I'd have to say Wargs are a bit overpowered.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
        Interesting. Can you point me to a link? Not that my computer is likely to be able to handle it, but I wonder how well they'll implement it.
        http://www.spore.com.

Disclaimer: This mentioning of Spore is not designed to troll DrSpike.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

wow, never heard of this game. looks kind of good.

Comment

I'd heard of it, hadn't looked into it. It's not quite what I was thinking of. It's more of a Sim-game, it seems, looking at things on the very high level more than the nitty-gritty. It also appears extremely ambitious, since it's trying to cover everything from the primordial soup to space flight. But thanks for the link.

I was thinking of something where you get a certain number of points to spend towards changing your critter each generation, and there are a LOT of things to change. A creature with strong jaws, very high resistance to disease and parasites, a good sense of smell, and a digestive system optimized for meat is a scavenger. Opposable thumbs, a powerful brain with good memory, balance and coordination, and semi-bipedal posture yield a monkey-type that can escape to the trees or throw rocks at enemies. Under-arm skin flaps, musk spray, and a balanced gut adds up to an omnivorous flying squirrel that can spray stink at predators. The skin flaps can be evolved to wings in another couple of generations, though it loses the use of its front limbs in the process.

Yeah, I've put some thought into this, I don't know why. It's just fun to contemplate, really.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Well I told ya it's an SP game; you can download the creations of others to your computer, but they will be played by the AI. That said, if the SP game will be a success, the next logical step would be a MMO, so have faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

I'll let you off on this one, even though you blatantly invited the question you responded to.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

I'll let you off on this one, even though you blatantly invited the question you responded to.
                  my post was intended to troll Dr Spike.

though the game might be decent. But probably in the rts style.

After Black and White, I've learned not to get excited about this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    I didn't start to discuss evolution based games. Stop being paranoid.

Comment

I said I'll let you off - don't sweat it.

Comment

Working...
                      X